• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

question regarding tire size and type

Just bought a set of Volk AV3's 17x8 front and 18x10 rear. Was wondering what the best size and tire was to with on front and back. Did a search and came up with 215/40/17 front and 265/35/18 for rear. But these posts comment mostly on 7.5 fronts and 9.5 rears. Will the above look too stretched on the rims I bought. Can I go 225 on the front and 275 on the rear. I have a 2000 NSX with stock shocks and springs.
In addition, what are the best tires to buy for the money? No tracking in the near future. Lowest noise would be nice. Are S03's the one everyone suggests?
Thanks,
Raj

pka1 said:
Did a search and came up with 215/40/17 front and 265/35/18 for rear. But these posts comment mostly on 7.5 fronts and 9.5 rears. Will the above look too stretched on the rims I bought.
No, those will be just fine on your rims.

pka1 said:
Can I go 225 on the front and 275 on the rear.
I wouldn't. You'll risk rubbing on the fender liners, for one thing.

pka1 said:
what are the best tires to buy for the money? No tracking in the near future. Lowest noise would be nice. Are S03's the one everyone suggests?
That depends on what your priorities are. The S-03 offers great wet traction and great dry traction, but they're not inexpensive. The Goodyear GS-D3 is similar and slightly quieter. If you're looking for less expensive tires and are willing to sacrifice performance, there are budget tires like the Yokohama AVS ES100 that offer great value for the money; just realize that they won't give you the performance that your NSX is capable of.

I have run 265/35/18 so3 on a 18 by 10 inch rim for years no problem.I also have a 275/40/17 rear that I run at the track and no issues,there are folks running around with 285 in both 18 and 19 inch rears,and they say no rubbing,but pics make it look real close!

Back