• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Question

Know anyone local that can do the LED rear tail lights conversion. That means taking the whole thing apart, do the conversion & putting it back 2gether.

Thanks for any info

Peter

Garrick - if you can convince him....try cash, people respond to cash this time of year...:tongue:

Richie (NSXecessive), Garrick, or really any electronics/car audio shop can do the work Peter.

Hey Peter are you looking to get apkarian100's DIY LED kit? I originally wanted to do my own but didn't have time to do mine during my summer build/conversion. I managed to get Chris to do it and then send them back to me about a month later.

Can't complain I've gotten so many compliments on them they turned out really good. Had to install resistors for my flashers solved the rapid signal flash problem. Mine car is a '00 the flasher relay mod didn't work different relays in the newer cars hence the install of resistors. The lenses can be tricky to take apart, but the rest of it looks pretty straight forward.

LOL! People know me too well...

Hey Peter... cash incentives are always good... well, if there is no rush, cause I don't ever do rush jobs, I "could" do it for you.

I can uninstall the lamps, pull them apart, convert them, test them (I have all the necessary equipment and wiring to test), put them back together and install them back in your car.

The only thing that I "can't" provide is the LED DIY kit. If you can get me the kit, I can do the conversion for you. I won't make you wait months, but definitely give me a few weeks to do it.

Remember, I've got a 2 year old and a 5 month old and I go to bed at 9pm these days...

Another good incentive is if you agree to powdercoat your valve covers Type R wrinkle red. That will help me get that service off the ground. I can pull your valve covers off at the same time I pull off your tail lights.

Here is a teaser pic of how well they were able to custom match the winkle powder to my OEM JDM NA2 Type R Intake Manifold cover...

IMG_0448.jpg

Say yes, and I'll do it for you! :biggrin:

Hmmm....

Yes, I've searched far and wide and NOBODY has this perfectly matched. I got a sample from a company that "allegedly" matched the Honda Type R color in wrinkle powder and it's not even close in my opinion.

Some settle for "it's close enough"... not me. Instead I go and drop $1,000 and got custom powder made to match perfectly.

My price is still just $400 for an "all in" service... c'mon, I know you want it.

Talk about a thread hijack... Peter, my offer still stands on the tail lights!

I would do it in a heartbeat man, but I think you'll have a problem getting that octopus off my engine :tongue:
n690446223_1692540_4181.jpg

Peter: Do it!

I would do it in a heartbeat man, but I think you'll have a problem getting that octopus off my engine :tongue:

Peter: Do it!

You'd be surprised, show me a pic of the space between the SC and passenger cabin glass. There might be enough room to get it out.

John - you should send a group buy email out to the club members for powdercoating for Garrick! $400 is a steal - I know the guy who bought my old NSX bought new valve covers for his to get the Type R look.

So cool.....

Now I'm off to buy carbon pieces for a black Porsche.....

... My price is still just $400 for an "all in" service... c'mon, I know you want it.

Talk about a thread hijack... Peter, my offer still stands on the tail lights!

Too late now it's already Hijacked! LOL

So out of curiosity what is the 'all in' powder service include? Pics?

Oh man... sorry Peter...

Check your NSXCC E-mail for the full details (and extra pics - in my gallery) but in a nutshell, the Full Service is where I use my extra set of valve covers as cores and have them done ahead of time. Then I will remove your covers and install the Type R covers in one shot so that

1. you don't have to worry about pulling them off yourself
2. you don't have any downtime other than the 1-2 hours for me to install
3. you don't have to pay for any shipping costs cause you bring the car to me...

or of course we can arrange that I come to you if it's convenient and close by.

Oh man... sorry Peter...

Check your NSXCC E-mail for the full details (and extra pics - in my gallery) but in a nutshell, the Full Service is where I use my extra set of valve covers as cores and have them done ahead of time. Then I will remove your covers and install the Type R covers in one shot so that

1. you don't have to worry about pulling them off yourself
2. you don't have any downtime other than the 1-2 hours for me to install
3. you don't have to pay for any shipping costs cause you bring the car to me...

or of course we can arrange that I come to you if it's convenient and close by.

Ok Peter I will let you know... my car is gone for hibernation till spring please post some more pics of your work give me something to look forward to for spring time.

Ok Peter I will let you know... my car is gone for hibernation till spring please post some more pics of your work give me something to look forward to for spring time.

*cough* Garrick *cough*

Back