• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Quick question about engine cover

So I've been thinking about what happens when you put one of these on:

NSXR_cover_800.jpg

and all the heat that used to be blocked by OE cover now escapes and hits the hatch glass.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Many people, including myself, have taken off the oe engine cover without any known negative consequences.

Hi,

just think that that is a OEM NSX-R Engine cover replica, so Honda wouldn't do it if the heat on glass was a problem :wink:

and all these years on Prime, i never read anyone came up with that problem.

Nuno

no known issues not even with window tint.

all report no problems

except...... the coolant reserve tank turns yellow from sunlight.

and cracks sooner than later but they solved that issue with
the coolant tank black rubber cover.

so go for it.

Fair enough. Wonder if anybody from colder climates would see excessive condensate building up after driving for some time say when outside temp is below 30s.

Fair enough. Wonder if anybody from colder climates would see excessive condensate building up after driving for some time say when outside temp is below 30s.

Nope, not had any problem with that over here in Ireland! In fact, what I found was quite the opposite. With the NSX-R engine cover, the glass stays clearer for me, so much so that in the past 5 years of having it on my car, I've never needed to use the window defrost button.

Nope, not had any problem with that over here in Ireland! In fact, what I found was quite the opposite. With the NSX-R engine cover, the glass stays clearer for me, so much so that in the past 5 years of having it on my car, I've never needed to use the window defrost button.
Perfect. Thanks!

Back