• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

quick realese with OEM wheel would be possible?

Lately I was thinking about it, what do you think? It is possible or it is a stupid idea?

I really like my OEM wheel, but I need a quick release with lock system for security.

I bought a short hub, the NRG quick release & lock system, and a momo steering wheel but I prefer my OEM wheel.. I think that looks great and it is very confortable.
would be possible to modify the OEM steering wheel somehow to use a quick release?

(please moderator can you move this to the Do-It-Yoursel section?) Thanks.

Last edited:
Lately I was thinking about it, what do you think? It is possible or it is a stupid idea?

I really like my OEM wheel, but I need a quick release with lock system for security.

I bought a short hub, the NRG quick release & lock system, and a momo steering wheel but I prefer my OEM wheel.. I think that looks great and it is very confortable.
would be possible to modify the OEM steering wheel somehow to use a quick release?

(please moderator can you move this to the Do-It-Yoursel section?) Thanks.

Possible I would think so, but you would lose use of your air bag.

Wow Im surprised. I loved my MoMo Tuner 320 ...so much more comfortable than the thinner OEM wheel.

yeah I know that it is strange.. In fact I bougth the momo steering wheel before that I buy the NSX, but after that when finally I had the NSX in my hands the OEM wheel, to me seemed lovely.. I don't mind if I lose the airbag. I love it :biggrin:

EDITED: I found an interesting tutorial of a non-SRS OEM wheel of a Honda Integra modified to use it with a quick release.

http://www.team-integra.net/forum/19-projects-diy-article-talk/209109-how-quick-release-jdm-itr-momo-steering-wheel.html

I wonder if some similar can be done with our NSX steering wheel.

283082_690837519458_54701266_34249170_99761_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back