• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Quit your job - Drive your NSX!

Maybe it is just me. And maybe it is because I got my new Yellow/Black Y2K NSX only 3 weeks ago. But I find myself at work now thinking up new and wonderful reasons to run one errand or another in my NSX. It got so bad a week after I got back from picking up the car, I had to take a half day off work in the middle of the week just to drive the car up to the Greenbrier and back again (about 180 miles) through some of the curviest roads God or man ever made.

While owning your own company does allow for setting your own schedules, like most of you out there, I still have to work for a living.
smile.gif
I didn't know if any of you had experienced the same thing or not!? If so, please share. Maybe we should start a support group.

It is like there should be a 12 step program for NSX owners. "Hi, my name is Gordon, and I drive an NSX."
smile.gif
It has gotten so bad that the guys that work for me have taken to sending me e-mails to my PCS phone with the subject line "YELLOW FEVER" meaning that they know I am out driving around.
smile.gif

The problem is so bad now, everyone in the company elected to change my vanity plates from "G3.COM" to "YELOFVR".
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51
[email protected]

I can totally relate. Seeing that I got my NSX-T almost exactly when you got yours, I've been somewhat obsessed with the car...I've even swapped my computer desktop three or four times with different images of the car.

A work deadline last Friday was responsible for keeping me at the office long hours for nearly the entire duration I've had the car. I was lucky enough last weekend to take off the top and sneak up the coast to Santa Barbara (totally a spontaneous thing too...the weather was just too good to resist). Wish I could name my own schedule!

------------------
--akira3D ('00 NSX-T red/black #113)

G-Man,
When I first got mine I used to rush home after work at about 2:00 pm just to get a quick (literally, 'quick') hour or so in behind the wheel up in the Pacific Coast twisties. I have to admit that I don't do that so much anymore, but a discerning eye can catch me gently stroking the curves of my NSX as she sits in the garage waiting for the next drive.

G-Man:

Where I park, I can see the car from my office window. I love turning to take a quick peak at the car every once in a while and watching others take second and third looks at the car as they walk past.

I normally am obsessed with being productive at work and will never drive out to lunch - unless of course I have the NSX at work... I'll drive to lunch, to the bank, wherever...
smile.gif

I've driven the car now for five months now and it hasen't worn off one bit. The NSX has made me appreciate cars more.

I *thought* I was a car nut before - I'm car obsessed now.

I love my car so damn much. *sob - wimper*.

Well, I am glad to see I am not the only one.
smile.gif
Of course I have been told that we list goers are not exactly your "average" NSX owners. We are the more vocal, more loyal, more fanatical to begin with, so it is no surprise that we should all share this common obsession.
smile.gif

I don't think the joy of mine will wear off anytime soon either. The last car I had that did this to me was my 1972 Datsun 240Z that was race prepared by Bob Sharp. No AC. No Cruise. No Power Anything... but what a car. I drove that car for 8 years and would probably still be driving it if my ex-wife hadn't wrecked it one day going to the store. I have bought 8 cars in the last 5 years looking for that same joy.

You guys in SoCal and even NoCal don't know how lucky you have it. 340 days a year of 75 degree top off weather. Geeez. Got any more room out there for one more?!
smile.gif

------------------
Gordon G. Miller, III
Y2K NSX #51 Yellow/Black
[email protected] http://www.g3.com

I know how lucky I am to live in SoCal. I mean, I wouldn't consider living anywhere else.

I too park my shiny NSX so I can see it from the office, but for slightly different reasons. I have to park in a heavily trafficked public parking structure...and I've become a bit paranoid since getting such a nice car.

Back