• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

[1st Gen] Race ABS NSX-R last few kits! - A.S. Motorsport

Hello Guys,

Our highly popular Type-R ABS system, featuring the NSX-R's track focused digital brake proportioning and abs is pending discontinuation.
We have received the last 7 modules, we purchased Honda's remaining inventory.

These modules are unique to 2002-2005 NSX-R featuring revised brake bias, brake curve and programming.
Features:

- Linear brake curve vs progressive in the normal 00-05.
- Increase brake pedal weight/pressure
- 4 way digital bias
- Programmed to for upgraded brakes and tires.
- TCS signal output modified (tcs reacts later)

This will transform your NSX the heavier linear pedal makes for more direct feel.
Computer actively adjust bias and proportioning for maximum stopping power, it will also engage abs as late as possible (on a individual wheel)
Ideal for modified NSX's running upgraded pads and wider tires.
The output TCS signal is modified and the TCS computer will react later allowing for more slip percentage.

Full plug and play conversions including shipping
€1900 for normal ABS
€2195 for the NSX-R variant

We can also supply the bare modules if you already have the upgraded ABS
NSX-R Module: €999 ex delivery.

Pricing quote is in Euro, exchange rates apply, certain payment methods have a transaction fee.

Last edited:
These kits are specific for LHD cars we also have RHD compatible versions.
They work perfectly with BBK's we've extensively tested with BBK's (StopTech, Brembo 6 pot)

This system is all OEM Honda, only non OE part is the wiring harness but this does use OE relays and connectors.
Further more it will work fine with stand alone ECU's.

FYI:
5 left on the shelf available
2 pending payment

Great kit and top notch vendor. [emoji106]

31f9af1c5aa241a38c8f9b2d789a79c0.jpg

I've used the Type R kit on some twisty roads with hard braking and it is very confidence inspiring. I'm using racingbrake 327/330 rotors and OEM calipers. Next is seeing about TC via my AEM Infinity.. it is set up but I haven't tried it yet.

My mechanic said he was very impressed and the install was pretty straightforward, and I got a prompt answer from Adnan when I needed it. I didn't have my old bracket so I bought a new Type R RHD bracket from Japan. No problems with LHD mounting and it's a gorgeous cast alloy piece.

Adnan, can you post pictures of the harness? Are you using KSP or your own? It's been know some new abs pumps have had issues straight from the factory (Kaz has reported some I believe) - what's your warranty on them? I really want to upgrade but it may be a bit of a hassle to ship it overseas as well as with the fact that these are discontinued what would Honda do for warranty? Please let me know. Thanks.

Adnan, can you post pictures of the harness? Are you using KSP or your own? It's been know some new abs pumps have had issues straight from the factory (Kaz has reported some I believe) - what's your warranty on them? I really want to upgrade but it may be a bit of a hassle to ship it overseas as well as with the fact that these are discontinued what would Honda do for warranty? Please let me know. Thanks.
Well we now only have the normal ABS 00-05 variant, that in it self is a major upgrade over any older 90-99 ABS system.
That said, yes NSX-R ABS's have had the track-record of arriving defective from nissen to Honda, we've seen it a few times in the shop and there is warranty on these items as with anything from Honda.

Shipping is zero issue we ship daily to the US and we have a steady stream of normal ABS going state side.

Wiring harness aren't made by KSP, we have these made for us in Japan, and they are further modified to aid LHD installation.
As due to the mirrored interior the RHD harnesses can be a tight fit in terms of cable length.

Last edited:
Well we now only have the normal ABS 00-05 variant, that in it self is a major upgrade over any older 90-99 ABS system.
That said, yes NSX-R ABS's have had the track-record of arriving defective from nissen to Honda, we've seen it a few times in the shop and there is warranty on these items as with anything from Honda.

Shipping is zero issue we ship daily to the US and we have a steady stream of normal ABS going state side.

Wiring harness aren't made by KSP, we have these made for us in Japan, and they are further modified to aid LHD installation.
As due to the mirrored interior the RHD harnesses can be a tight fit in terms of cable length.
I see, thanks for sharing. Always thought Kaz was referring to the no R units that were DOA. Aren't pumps the same anyway? That issue aside though.. can you post few pictures of the harness? I really don't like SoS harness. KSP makes great one but needs to be modified. I don't think they do LHD, people just mod RHD version.

I'm also interested in how the harness is run/installed.

I plan to upgrade my abs but some of the installs I've seen don't look OEM enough.

Back