• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RAYS Bringing Back the Volk SE37k?

If anyone liked the Volk SE37K that was discontinued years ago, note that Rays is asking on the Honda-Tech forum if people want it to come out of retirement. I would love a set of those in 17x7.5 +40 and 18x9.5 +40 in black (like the ones shown below). They are apparently very light yet very strong. I like 'em. Post your vote here:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?p=39923635

014.jpg

I love those wheels. The first modded NSX I ever saw had those with a WW kit and I was shocked and awed. :biggrin:

If they make them again I'd sell my CE28Ns in a heartbeat.

best of both worlds?

Eh. I'd rather see Advan bring back the model 5.
+1 :wink:
+3 :biggrin:
I got both, as years ago I acquired the Advan AVS Model 5's in 17/17 gunmetal-finish w/ '02+ NSX-R offsets (they are low-pressure cast vs. spun-cast or forged, but weigh slightly less than the '02+ NSX OEM 17/17 wheels) & I got the Volk SE37k's in 17/18 bronze-finish/polished-lip w/ my latest/current NSX (they are double-forged for extra-strength and are incredibly light, for any sized wheel).

I'm more keen towards the former in terms of the style/design (ie. split 5-spoke flaring outwards), but I do appreciate the build-quality & weight-savings of the latter. More than likely, I'm gonna sell the SE37k's sooner-than-later out of necessity to free up some room in the garage. . .

Last edited:
Sorry to stray slightly off topic, but can't someone reproduce the Advan's? I know there is a company that reproduces Corvette wheels for the Vette guys. I think they made C6 Z06 wheels from 19's OEM down to 18's replicas.

Maybe if there was enough interest? Someone, get that ball rolling. :biggrin:

I don't think anyone in the US would want to do it, lest they get sued by Yokohama tire-corp.

ADR already made replicas of the Advans, and those were out for a few years before being discontinued as well.

so umm... are any of you going to pick up my 17/17 staggerd se37's pictured above or do i need to put them on my integra:confused:

i feel im not completely post whoreing but that is my pic, and se37 are my favorite wheel to ever come out of the rays foundry except for forged magnesium te37's.

i dont know if its a wheel they should bring back, sure there would be a good selection but the club now is exclusive just like the nsx club, although id love to get some white ones for my x5!(currently on te37's)

Yeah sorry about ripping off your picture. I really like your wheels but would want a 17/18 set.

so umm... are any of you going to pick up my 17/17 staggerd se37's pictured above or do i need to put them on my integra:confused:

i feel im not completely post whoreing but that is my pic, and se37 are my favorite wheel to ever come out of the rays foundry except for forged magnesium te37's.

i dont know if its a wheel they should bring back, sure there would be a good selection but the club now is exclusive just like the nsx club, although id love to get some white ones for my x5!(currently on te37's)

no worries about the picture, i like seeing volks just as much as the next person:biggrin:

i have some sky blue 18's but they are r34 gtr spec :eek: was going to use them on a widebody s2 but i am movin on from the s2, maybe ill use them on a evox though

(this is the origional rays finish too!)
010-2.jpg

I had the LE37K which is just the polished lip version of the wheels. Awesome wheels that are light and strong. I had 17/18 set up but switched to 18/19 LE37T instead.
Steve

Back