• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RDX injectors for NSX

I did the mod last year after buying a kit from a fellow Primer. I knew I needed some parts and Brian supplied me what I needed. My kit has the stage 3 chip, plus I did the OLDMAN mod. Overall, I am satisfied. Brian seems to have shutdown operation, so getting everything you need and support maybe non-existent.

Oh I didnt know he was no longer in business. Here I'm looking at prospeedpower.com getting all worked up about buying parts....

Generally speaking, you're wasting money on this mod. You'll barely feel a difference and the Dyno numbers may be a few hp over or even under. I'd save your money or just have your oem injectors cleaned with a good tune up. That will give you the same feeling as the prospeed mods. Just my opinion. You'll know what I mean if you proceed and install. Though I have not done this mod, I know many who did...

I got my kit from a primer who was selling his car.
I drove my car - did the mod - drove it again and my seat of the pants felt ... better.
I thought it was an improvement.
As Jinks suggested - I never had my injectors cleaned, car had ~ 70km when I did the job.
The parts you referenced are part of the deal (hats I cant be positive) - there was the ECU tune also.
See if some member is selling their kit - get all the stuff originally supplied by Brian if you decide you want to give this a try.
Read the thread about the original kit - let the ECU learn as described.
Good luck on your decision.
PS - What was the "OLDMAN mod" - don't recall

Generally speaking, you're wasting money on this mod. You'll barely feel a difference and the Dyno numbers may be a few hp over or even under. I'd save your money or just have your oem injectors cleaned with a good tune up. That will give you the same feeling as the prospeed mods. Just my opinion. You'll know what I mean if you proceed and install. Though I have not done this mod, I know many who did...

Agree. This mod only really makes sense with full engine management (AEM, Motec, etc.)

I have the Prospeed kit and I disagree that it is a waste of money. If anything, it's been my favorite performance mod. The powerband is quite different. Low and mid- end is more noticeable, making the car more streetable in the city roads. My car fires up more instantaneous. Haven't dynoed it but based on butt dynoes, it sure feels quicker. This is the Prospeed Stage 3 Kit.

I'm planning on doing this mod once back from expo and with AEM v1

I am very curious to see what gains might come out of this. I have the Prospeed Mod with Stage 3 chip and Dyno'd 248 whp at about 5400' elevation. I think there might be more to unlock with a stand alone.

I recently did a similar install, used TL denso so they're almost same CC as stock but get better flow pattern(which seems to be main gain of this)
Also on a stockish ECU(old ass SOS chip)

Back