• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Re: 3M Plastic Film (Ricochet) Front End Protection

WSP

Re: 3M Plastic Film (Ricochet) Front End Protection

Hello,
First off, thanks to all those that responded to my very first post on this forum. You were all very informative.

Now, onto the next topic!!! When I purchased my car, it had a factory bra. I took it out of my trunk yesterday, only to find it torn in a few places. I've never been a fan of bras (car bras that is!!!) for vehicles anyway.

I've read that the front of the NSX is a notorious rock magnet! Other than a bra, has anyone ever tried the 3M Plastic Film for front end protection? It's also known as "Ricochet."

Thanks!

------------------
Regards,
WSP.

NSXTACY,

Thanks for the heads-up! I should of realized that it would have been in the FAQ or something.

Later.

------------------
Regards,
WSP.

I just read the FAQ an this topic. Very informative.

Has anyone kept this stuff on long-term? It appears that those that have used it, only use it for track.

Thanks!

Dali racing sells a precut one for the NSX.

If you mean the 3m film that you leave on all the time, I highly recommend the product. Its sold by a bunch of different names in precut patterns (www.invincashield.com, www.stongard.com). I have had the 3m product on my Audi TT for three years, and it has done a great job. Keeps the stone chips away, and the bugs dont stick to it as much as with the clearcoat.
I had a local company (www.ultrashield.com) in Fort Myers, FL do a custom install on my 2001 NSX, and it is nearly invisible.
If you were going to order it precut, I would recommend the Stongard product (which is what I think Dali Racing sells).
BTW, its not easy to install yourself, but if you call Stongard on Invincashield, they will have a list of installers.
Regards,
Rick

Originally posted by RL in Florida:
... I had a local company (www.ultrashield.com) in Fort Myers, FL do a custom install on my 2001 NSX, and it is nearly invisible...

Do you have any pics you can post? What colour is your car?

Another choice..................

image007.jpg

------------------
2002•Black/Black

on lighter cars you can see the seams of the clear bra film but on darker cars the film is invisable.....if u use a toothbrush u can usally get those edges of the clear film clean.

Back