• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear bank, downstream O2 sensor...does anyone know the part number/reference Denso?

I am on Amazon now and I cannot figure out why they have four options (all different reference numbers).

If you happen to know the reference number, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Just a head up!

If you search on Prime, I vaguely recall that there was a problem with a product numbering mix up in the catalog / on-line listing for the Denso O2 sensors for the NSX. That was a couple of years ago and might have been fixed; but, you might want to check to make sure that you are getting the correct sensor.

Just a head up!

If you search on Prime, I vaguely recall that there was a problem with a product numbering mix up in the catalog / on-line listing for the Denso O2 sensors for the NSX. That was a couple of years ago and might have been fixed; but, you might want to check to make sure that you are getting the correct sensor.

Thanks Old Guy. The sensor appears to be a direct replacement (four wire, length of wire, connector and of course the sensor looked identical.) Not sure if I the actual O2 sensors are ever different.

On another note, how does one go about resetting the CEL after replacing an O2 sensor? Seems to me the clock fuse (I did that) but it does not seem to clear the lights not the dash.

Thoughts?

Pulling the 7.5 amp clock fuse in the front fuse / relay box should clear the stored error codes and clear the CEL. How long did you leave the fuse out? Pulling the fuse also clears the radio pre sets. If you didn't lose the pre sets, then the fuse was not out long enough (Honda recommends 10 seconds) or you got the wrong fuse.

If you pulled the fuse and the CEL was still present when you went to start the car, then the reset process did not work. If the CEL was off when you first powered up; but, re appeared, then the error condition is still present. Depending on what the error is (heater error?) the engine may not have to start for the error code to re appear.

Please see the thread discussed here. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/132578-Oxygen-Sensor-Problem You should find the answer you are looking for. Do you not have a scanner to clear the MIL? Also be sure once it is cleared to complete the drive cycle if you need to have inspection done afterwards.

Edit: I stand corrected as I see you have a 1995. Not sure if the O2 sensors are the same for pre 2000MY vehicles.

Last edited:
The mixed up at the Denso site was only for the -A51 spec O2 sensor so 00+ Acura model only.
Not used on the JDM or European models.
The Denso site now shows the correct info.

For 95 model, you are good to go.

Not sure whether you used the OBD2 reader or the SCS Blue 2pin connector for reading the error code but if you used the paper clip method, did you remove it before starting the engine?

Kaz

Last edited:
Well, I feel like someone that didn't do his proper research. I went by Autozone and had them put the scanner on the car. They found error: P0135: H)2S-11: (Bank 1 Sensor 1) Heater Circuit Malfunction.

Off to buy another O2 sensor I guess.

Thanks to all who replied with advice.

And...to make searches easier...Bank 1 is the rear bank and Bank 2 is the forward bank. Seems backwards to me, but I am no engineer/designer.

And...to make searches easier...Bank 1 is the rear bank and Bank 2 is the forward bank. Seems backwards to me, but I am no engineer/designer.

Perhaps because cylinder #1 is on the back side; but, so is cylinder #2 so maybe that reasoning doesn't work. Front and back and pre and post cat would have seemed like better descriptions for the 4 sensors; but, perhaps Honda wanted to economize on the verbiage.

By the way - removing the upstream, rear bank O2 sensor took a fair bit of effort. I had to remove a piece of the rear subframe (part name escapes me but it was the upside down V.) I had to do this to get my hand in there to thread the O2 sensor back on.

Another report-out; after putting the new O2 sensors in the car runs perfectly smooth. And, the car actually SOUNDS much different. Not sure if I knocked the exhaust in some way or what, but the car sounds very tame/refined. I run Tubi on the car with OEM manifolds. Before the O2 sensors, the car sounded raspy and a little tin-ey. Now it sounds more like a guttural rumble. I like it.

Otherwise, I would say doing the O2s sure make my driving experience safer. The TCS works and I have yet to lose traction in my spirited pulls.

Back