• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear hatch glass alignment

I noticed that when I close the rear hatch that the class sits a little higher on the passenger side and slightly further away from the side panel than on the driver side. When I look at the glass fully up it appears that its off a degree or two.

I have looked at some other online pictures and in some cases it photos appear to show that they are even and then in some other photos the glass looks uneven when closed. But maybe its just illusion from various photos. I have owned the car about 5 months and never noticed it at first. The car was in minor bumper accident but nothing with frame, body panels or engine etc.

I thought maybe one the previous owners may of had the glass fully replaced but it looks to be original Honda glass and does have tint. I tried loosening those 4 bolts attached to the frame of the glass but it doesn't allow any upward or downward adjustment.

Is the slight offset normal behavior when these cars come from the factory or is it safe to assume the rear glass has been fully replaced sometime in the past ? This is 2005 model.

I would not be concerned. The glass hatches are all a little different in the shape and curve. Where are you?

I noticed that when I close the rear hatch that the class sits a little higher on the passenger side and slightly further away from the side panel than on the driver side. When I look at the glass fully up it appears that its off a degree or two.

I have looked at some other online pictures and in some cases it photos appear to show that they are even and then in some other photos the glass looks uneven when closed. But maybe its just illusion from various photos. I have owned the car about 5 months and never noticed it at first. The car was in minor bumper accident but nothing with frame, body panels or engine etc.

I thought maybe one the previous owners may of had the glass fully replaced but it looks to be original Honda glass and does have tint. I tried loosening those 4 bolts attached to the frame of the glass but it doesn't allow any upward or downward adjustment.

Is the slight offset normal behavior when these cars come from the factory or is it safe to assume the rear glass has been fully replaced sometime in the past ? This is 2005 model.

I'm in AZ. I usually just ask SOS things like this but I won't be visiting them for a few weeks and wanted to throw the question out here. I can tell from different pictures of various years the glasses on some seem a bit different some more flush that others but I wasn't sure if it was normal. I thought if the glass was removed or physically replaced maybe it was put on a few degrees off where the owner didn't care or notice. It closes and clicks fine nothing bad with functionality, It took me months to notice but as with anything once you notice it, it becomes obvious lol.

Back