• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Rear Hub and Studs

Can someone tell me what the stock length of the rear wheel stud is?

Also, what's the stock center bore?

Thanks - Ed

Thanks. I can't seem to find the stock stud length. They show 19mm for "lug nuts" but I assume that is th elug nut, not the stud.

It says, 64 (.1) mm for center bore... I assume this is 64.1 (not sure why they have parenthesis) and it's for the stock wheel itself.

I'm going to have customer spacers built. The builder said he needed to know the hub size of the car and what my ceneter bore is on the new wheels.

So is the right answer 64.1? Stud length?

Thanks!! Now all I need is a place to buy the 40mm + 10mm (50mm) studs.

Ed

emdoller said:
Thanks. I can't seem to find the stock stud length. They show 19mm for "lug nuts" but I assume that is th elug nut, not the stud.

It says, 64 (.1) mm for center bore... I assume this is 64.1 (not sure why they have parenthesis) and it's for the stock wheel itself.

I'm going to have customer spacers built. The builder said he needed to know the hub size of the car and what my ceneter bore is on the new wheels.

So is the right answer 64.1? Stud length?

The (.1) is because the cars hub is 64mm for the rear, and 70 mm for the front. So, the (.1) is for the rims center bore which needs to be just a little bit larger than the cars hub in order to fit. To tell you the truth, I've used aftermarket hub centric rings with aftermarket rims that came with 70.03mm hub rings as well as those that came with 70.1mm rings for the front and similar for the 64mm rear. The 0.3mm rings are a tight fit and if you have a little rust on the hub it can get stuck real easy. The .1 seems to fit well and slide on and off fairly easy, but still not too large and to loose the hub centric fit.

ChrisK said:
The (.1) is because the cars hub is 64mm for the rear, and 70 mm for the front. So, the (.1) is for the rims center bore which needs to be just a little bit larger than the cars hub in order to fit. To tell you the truth, I've used aftermarket hub centric rings with aftermarket rims that came with 70.03mm hub rings as well as those that came with 70.1mm rings for the front and similar for the 64mm rear. The 0.3mm rings are a tight fit and if you have a little rust on the hub it can get stuck real easy. The .1 seems to fit well and slide on and off fairly easy, but still not too large and to loose the hub centric fit.

Makes perfect sense, thanks. Any idea where I can find 50mm hub studs?

Back