• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear rim size?

I run the stock 15/16 91-93 factory rims with Hoosier slicks and I have no problem clearing the discs. I have found this to be better than running with my 17/18 BBS rims on my '94 NSX. I hope this helps.

i've never tried but theoretically, since the 15's fit on the front and the front brake is bigger...

how wide are you going to get them? and how much difference do you think the smaller diameter wheel will give you at launch than say an 18"(in terms of 1/4 mile times)?

Originally posted by gruppemnsx:
how much difference do you think the smaller diameter wheel will give you at launch than say an 18"(in terms of 1/4 mile times)?

Huge difference. All the extra sidewall you get on the tire by going with a small-diameter rim allows lots of flex for traction. A much wider variety of drag racing slicks are available at 15/16" diameters as well.

18" rims and higher are useless for drag racing, the very slim sidewall is very stiff and gives you little flex, and there's little to nothing available as far as drag tires.
Also, there's a huge difference between drag slicks and road racing slicks, with road racing slicks having a very rigid sidewall and a rubber compound made for enduring heat (and thus needs to be heated up significantly for traction), and drag slicks having a very soft sidewall and able to heat up very rapidly for the short run.

Marc

Back