• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rear Toe control Arm Replacement, running into issuesq

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody knows if any one offers a replacement for the bushing./sleeve that goes on the kncukle which connects to the rear toe control links. its a circular piece and has a hole in the middle where the tappered part of the joint sticks through.

I cant seemm to remove that piece from the old toe control arm.. I trried pressing it and it just snapped my bench press in half! I tried using a bushihg on i found at kregens but wheels is wobbling when i drive..... I am hoping there is a cheaper alternative to my issue rather than having to purchase a new kuckle. Thanks!

Your press could not have been very strong it it broke:):).

Are you replacing the Toe Link? I would get a better press, make sure you are pressing STRAIGHT DOWN on it. Make sure you HAVE A NUT on the threads to strenghten the ball joint stud.

If this fails, replace the Toe Link and take the original bushing to a machinist and have one made to press in. Even if they charge $100 it is worth it.

HTH,
LarryB

Back