• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recaro Seats

NA3

Registered Member
I was wondering if anyone here would happen to know which Recaro model is used in the Japanese-spec Type S/Type S-Zero. Is it possible to get these seats from a Recaro dealer rather than a Honda/Acura dealer? I suspect I'd save a fair bit of money.

Thanks.

Attachments

• aisru1_2.jpg
    aisru1_2.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 462
Thanks, Mark....but the Type S/Type S-Zero seat is different from the Type R seat.

Anybody?

Ahh...on closer inspection, turns out there's a further reference in that thread to yet another thread with some info on the Type S seat.

Thanks.

IN FACT!!!!!

You will not get it from any Honda/Acura Dealer except you are in Japan. I don't think the Type S-Zero (that's what it is on your picture.) nor the TypeR is officially "export" products.

I also heard that you can't order any NSX-R parts unless you proved that you have a R yourself.

and NO, Recaro doesn't sell any of their seat with HONDA surface material.

NSX-S / SZero / -R all use the same OEM carbon/kevlar Recaros that are not available here. They do use different surface materials though. Apparently they are $7k+ per seat new.

Recaro Pole Positions look like the next best thing.

White94 said:
NSX-S / SZero / -R all use the same OEM carbon/kevlar Recaros that are not available here. They do use different surface materials though. Apparently they are $7k+ per seat new.

Recaro SPGs look like the next best thing.

Yeah, the price does seem somewhat prohibitive, but are you certain that the Type R seat is the same as the others? I looked very closely at some photos of theses seats and it seems like the Type R seat has an additional cross-brace near the top that the Type S seat didn't have (visible when looking at it from the rear). Hmm...I suppose it could be the camera playing tricks with my eyes.

Thanks once again.

Re: IN FACT!!!!!

NSXDreamer2 said:
You will not get it from any Honda/Acura Dealer except you are in Japan. I don't think the Type S-Zero (that's what it is on your picture.) nor the TypeR is officially "export" products.

I also heard that you can't order any NSX-R parts unless you proved that you have a R yourself.

and NO, Recaro doesn't sell any of their seat with HONDA surface material.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Re: IN FACT!!!!!

NSXDreamer2 said:
NO, Recaro doesn't sell any of their seat with HONDA surface material.

Looks like the Pole Position in black leather is the next best thing. $1200/ea on the above like - maybe cheaper somewhere else.

Re: Re: IN FACT!!!!!

White94 said:
Looks like the Pole Position in black leather is the next best thing. $1200/ea on the above like - maybe cheaper somewhere else.

Is this model still in production? I can't seem to find it on Recaro's website.

Edit: Sorry, found it.

NSXDreamer2 said:
I heard the Pole Position needs some modification for installation in Nsx...

And it doesn't look all that good...at least not when compared to the OEM seat.

:(

Anyone have a pic of the Pole Positions installed in a NSX? Personally I really like them and would like go that route if I decide to do race seats.

Someone on here has those seats at the top of this post. I remember seeing them in a picture of a normal NSX here in the states.

I actually just read a post that Chris had participated in earlier stating that the mounting of Pole Positions may be an issue.

Back