• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommend a battery to me!!

I love my 15 pound Braille racing battery and I sure don't miss the 25 pounds it saved over my OEM battery. It wasn't cheap but my NSX deserves the best. That is why I also bought a billet aluminum mount for it.

Braille batteries are fantastic and I have one myself in another vehicle and another soon to come in the NSX.

If you want mega power, go with Optima. However, they weight A TON. Braille, the largest one should be enough and it will weight MUCH less, be MUCH smaller, and look a million times better.

Braille batteries are fantastic and I have one myself in another vehicle and another soon to come in the NSX.

If you want mega power, go with Optima. However, they weight A TON. Braille, the largest one should be enough and it will weight MUCH less, be MUCH smaller, and look a million times better.

What model Braille would work?

I dare anyone challenge the longevity of my AC Delco Battery. July 1999 and counting...:wink:

Stock electronics (1993 NSX). Battery has not been removed/ charged since new... 4500 miles per year/ garage queen, California car. Fires up everytime :biggrin:

Last edited:
Wait a minute Spartan, are you telling me your original batter is still in the car??? :eek: That's incredible! I think mine is really old too. Another amazing attribute of the NSX! WOW...

I would just go with a Costco battery. Their replacement warranty is the best and have quite reasonable prices. I purchased one this year and it must have been a bad one for after 6 months it was literally leaking acid from the casing. Creepy! I took it in and they gave me a new one with no questions asked. They were indeed spooked by the crap oozing out of the side, but gave me no hassles. I genuinely believe this was a singular manufacturing fluke for I have never had or heard of a similar issue from a relatively new battery.

As someone else posted, I do believe it is made by Johnson Controls (the same folks who make Sears Diehard). I've also had really good luck with the Sears Diehards and if that is all you have in your area, it may be worth getting.

As others posted, shy away from the Walmart/Sams club batteries. I've never had good luck with those. They literally seem to die almost immediately after the warranty expires.

I have the B129 battery in my car, it's the 9.5 lb battery. So far I haven't had any problems, but I keep the car plugged into a battery tender during the week.

I have the B14115C in my daily driver now (2001 Prelude). It starts fine, but is strange in a way: it takes 2 or 3 starting attempts to start cranking. The first two attempts makes absolutely no sound or movement at all. It's as if the starter relay never made contact.

Has anyone noticed this?

I was planning to buy the B14115C. Is that way too small?

Or are you talking about the B3121C? It's twice as heavy as the B14115C.

I can't find a 2131 model on their website.

Yes, I meant 3121. You may be able to go for the smaller one, up to you. Confirm the CCA to ensure it's enough. But their largest battery is still HALF the weight of a standard battery. The size of the 3121 even though it's their largest, is about 50-60% the size of a regular battery.

I bought a Diehard Platinum. It is an AGM battery like the Optima but was the top rated battery by Consumer Reports. It is heavy and expensive but it fit and it will hold a charge longer in a car that is not driven often.

I now don't feel that the AGM batteries are worth the extra cost for my siduation. I can buy a top rated battery that fits for less than half the price. Diehard AGM batteries out perform all other batteries tested but they will not last any longer ( a five year battery only last about five years).

Last edited:
My AC Delco Battery (dates 07/99) and still alive and kicking :smile:

Its smaller and lighter than the OEM battery and for under $90.00 its a bargain. ( I'll get the part # if anybody wants it).

I sold and stocked Interstate batteries and had too many claims/ warranties.

I'd like it. Your battery sounds like it is exactly what I am looking for!!!

Back