• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommend shop for Corner Balancing

I had Curry's Auto in Chantilly VA do alignment/corner-balance (must be done together I think) after JRZ suspension installation. The car drove good but looked raked. They told me this is how it came out. May be it's because I have some items removed from the car to reduce weight as well as replaced some OE items with lightweight ones, thereby changing the weight distribution of the car? FYI Dan Howell is their NSX tech. who performed it. You may want to contact him or, Jon Kofod for any questions. They are pricey though.

I have since been tinkering with ride height so I think at least another alignment will be needed in future (an extra, free alignment is included within a 6 Mo. period for their coil-over install, but corner-balancing is not). I'm not sure I want another corner-balance any ways as it may cause a rake.

after.jpg

Go to PTUNING in Manassas. I want to say they have the equipment to corner balance -- I'd give them a call. I know they have a really sweet alignment rack and all their machinery is top notch.

Go to PTUNING in Manassas. I want to say they have the equipment to corner balance -- I'd give them a call. I know they have a really sweet alignment rack and all their machinery is top notch.

But do they know what they are doing? At least, experience with NSX 40/60 balancing.

I will call them up.

I am think about buying Longacre "Vision" Computer scales for corner balancing my NSX. Idea in purchasing them was to recoup some of the cost by renting them out to fellow NSXers who are tried of paying for corner balancing or just want to do it themself.

Want do you guys think?
Longacre%20Computer%20scale.jpgimgmax=800

I am in Hawaii working hard.:biggrin:

How much is it? In addition, I think we just need to buy wheel balancer and dyno and let Bryan do all the work.

Don't get too sunburned in Hawaii now.

Longacre "Vision" Computer scales is about $1300.00

I think to get my NSX corner balanced is about $400.00 it should pay for itself in about 3 to 4 usage. I have no more money or room in my garage for any more equipment. I wish I could be a baller like everyone else. I have to work for a living.:biggrin:

Bryan is always doing all the work, I am just a spectator.

Longacre "Vision" Computer scales is about $1300.00

I think to get my NSX corner balanced is about $400.00 it should pay for itself in about 3 to 4 usage. I have no more money or room in my garage for any more equipment. I wish I could be a baller like everyone else. I have to work for a living.:biggrin:

Bryan is always doing all the work, I am just a spectator.

That's not bad at all.

Back