• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation for Hopkins Acura in Redwood City

I have written before to recommend Jim Russell at Hopkins Acura after a previous service there. But it's been a while since my post, and after just getting a new transmission there, feel driven to mention again how strongly I recommend Jim and this shop for all NSX owners.

Jim worked with me on options for a new or used tranny, and then when we decided to go with new, patiently convinced Acura to help on the costs for the repair (despite my car being 10 years old and it taking a week to get to the right guy). Moreover, Jim and team did a great job on it, and my car is running beautifully again. I could not have had a better experience. If you live in the Bay Area, you should give him a try.

I was happy to have Acura contact me about this repair since they had paid some of the money, as I was able to say the same positive things to them. Now if I could just find a mechanic this good for my Lexus or BMW... but then again if I was to pick one car I wanted the best care for, guess which one it would be? :)

Chip

Update: Sadly, Jim Russell has left Hopkins Acura, and will now be working on Jaguars and other British cars in San Jose. :frown:

Bummer. He was so good to me I considered driving down from Seattle to have my car serviced at Hopkins. No reason to move back to the Bay Area. I might have to sell my car when it needs service

Back