• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation on a Reliable Independent Mechanic near Weston Florida

Hi,

I was looking for some recommendations on a reliable honest mechanic near Weston FL. Unfortunately when my fiancee drove home today (I live in Orlando), right when she was home, right after she accelerated hard started to bang. My guess is that it's rod knock based on the video clip she sent me:mad:.

Unfortunately since she's not here I can't send her to my mechanic, Nabil at First Class (Coincidentily, I just picked my car up from him today). Anyway I'd rather her not go to a stealership so was looking for suggestions. My guess is she needs either a rebuild or a new motor. Based on the quote we can figure out what to do from there.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Carl

If you don't get any quick suggestions here, you can always look for recommendations from Angie's List or Yelp. I've found Angie's List to be very helpful.

Nabil to Weston is 228 miles. AAA platinum tows you once per year 200 miles. Is that an option?

I live in Weston and take my Honda/ Acura cars to Foreign-Tech. Its about 15 mins away and they do a great job including on my NSX.

426 N. State Road 7
Fort Lauderdale, Fl 33317
(954)583-2424

Thanks for the suggestions, she went ahead and took it to a friends mechanic, I did think about the tow option as I do have that, but what's done is done.

Back