• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Recommendation on Upholstery seats recovering shops in SoCAL??

baynsac

Hello looking for Recommendation on Upholstery seats recovering shops in SoCAL??
I need to recover the stock or after market seats and do the door inserts in Alacantra...I have the material....

Ramon at Niguel motors has a guy near him I thought was very good. Call Ramon for his name.

I just called Torrance Upholstery this morning about redoing my seats and spoke to John, who was very helpful and it seems like they've done a number of our cars before. Price quoted was $700 per seat, 1-5 days to get the material, and roughly 2.5 days for the job itself. Just an FYI for everyone who may be curious later.

I had my seats done by Tony at BP Customs in Gardena 310-527-2870.

I was recommended to him by Jon Martin when he was at Torrance Acura. They did both seats with Alcantera centers for $700.00 Excellent work!

I was recommended to him by Jon Martin when he was at Torrance Acura. They did both seats with Alcantera centers for $700.00 Excellent work!

Steve,as you know I am in the midst of redoing my interior and have coincidentally been talking to a few interior guys including Tony. I find that while the labor part of bids is close the materials used can make a huge difference. For ex real Alcantara inserts compared to Unisuede or other forms of hairy stuff can be two or three times the price. Same with leathers; supple "European" leather can be as high as $700 for a hide and as low as $300 for a mediocre leather hide. Even the vinyl used on the sides and in the back comes in different qualities and prices. So, two seats can cost you $700 or easily twice as much depending on what you get.

I tried calling Tony at the number listed by Steve and I received a recording stating that this number is no longer in service. Does anyone know if BP Customs is still in business? I called information and there are several other business listed for the address where BP Customs is listed.

If they are out of business, is there another shop that has low pricing like them? I need either repair or possible replacement of the drivers seat upholstery.

Thanks,

Mario

Last edited:
Hi Mario. Ramon has a guy right near his shop that does high end cars. He did my 1983 El Camino and did a very good job IMO. How's the new transmission?

Hi Mario. Ramon has a guy right near his shop that does high end cars. He did my 1983 El Camino and did a very good job IMO. How's the new transmission?

Hey Gil, how are you doing? The trans is working great. Thanks for the info on the upholstery shop. One of the criteria for getting a good price is that I need to sell my car since I've been unemployed for several months, not sure if you knew that. The torn bolster and other defects are bothersome to nearly all potential buyer, so I thought I would see if can get it repaired or replaced at a good price.

I'll call Ramon and get the referral.

Thanks again,

Mario

Sorry to hear the circumstances. He is just what you need, I'd take my NSX there in a minute. Hope the sale goes well, please stay in touch. Old friends like DaveG, SSmd, and yourself are always welcome, even without an NSX. Take care!

Sorry to hear the circumstances. He is just what you need, I'd take my NSX there in a minute. Hope the sale goes well, please stay in touch. Old friends like DaveG, SSmd, and yourself are always welcome, even without an NSX. Take care!

Gil,

Believe me, as soon as I get a job, I'm going to buy another NSX, and yes, it will be a manual. No more tracking an auto, the auto did great, but it could not stand the stress of hard driving. I'll keep in touch and come to some of the local event. Thanks again for the referral.

Mario

Last edited:
Mario, I am also considering repairing the seat bolsters, etc. on my NSX. Please let me know what you find out through Ramon's guy or wherever you end up doing the work. Small details (like cracks on bolsters) make a big difference! Thanks.

As some of you may know, I had my whole interior redone when the 02 conversion was done last October. Tony (Gardena) did the job but having been warned and now seen how busy and congested he was, I had Giancarlo at B-Line Motorsports (310) 519 9126 do all the removal, installation etc and take the parts to Tony for reuphostering. There was no price difference and I felt much more comfortable doing that. .

http://picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23547190

As some of you may know, I had my whole interior redone when the 02 conversion was done last October. Tony (Gardena) did the job but having been warned and now seen how busy and congested he was, I had Giancarlo at B-Line Motorsports (310) 519 9126 do all the removal, installation etc and take the parts to Tony for reuphostering. There was no price difference and I felt much more comfortable doing that. .

http://picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/23547190

I tried calling Tony at the number listed by Steve and I received a recording stating that this number is no longer in service. Do you have a more current number?

I tried calling Tony at the number listed by Steve and I received a recording stating that this number is no longer in service. Do you have a more current number?

I dealt solely with Giancarlo; Tony is not easy to find or get on the phone.

Back