• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Redline Time Attack - Buttonwillow Raceway, March 29th-30th

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to create a thread to see who plans on attending our event the end of this month?

I also wanted to remind all of you that Saturday is an HPDE, open to the public for some good old fashioned driving fun. The Time Attack competition is reserved for Sunday, with practice on Sunday morning. Those of you who wish to register for both days, thus giving you more practice time on Saturday, can do that as well.

For those that don't have the link, here ya go:

http://redlinetimeattack.com/index-6ButtonWillow08.htm

The White NSX (Driving Ambition Race Car) will not be attending or competing in the unlimited group as we have conflicting dates with a SCCA regional event at Infineon that weekend.

Steve

Just signed up for RWD Modified. Got 4th about 18 months ago at Cal Speedway, but the competition has sure gotten better and I've only been able to get to the track three times this past year. Maybe Billy J can give me a few pointers to help dust off the rust:) I'm not very comfortable at B'Willow.
See you there!

I guess I better get ready for Summit Point this year! I missed last years, but it won't happen again!!!

Good to see that there will be other NSXs participating. Igor, based on your numbers at Laguna you should clean up. Hopefully, we make a good showing as our prototype motor became a prototype motor...

Here is an update on the media that will be covering/filming at Buttonwillow:

Performance Auto & Sound Magazine - Pics and Editorial Content

Performance Racing News - Pics and Editorial Content

DSport Magazine - Pics and Editorial Content along with footage for another one of their upcoming DVDs

RiceBoyTV.com - Pics and Editorial Content along with footage for use on their website

SPEEDTV.com - Pics and Editorial Content to be featured on their website

Overture Productions - Filming for footage to be used in a possible television program covering the time attack "community"

BDL Industries - filming footage to be used in a "pilot" episode for a new television program they are working on

Brooks Institute - Filming footage to be used on RedlineTimeAttack.com, YouTube.com and Redline promotional DVDs/Videos..(interviews, webisodes, vignettes, teasers, promotional videos, etc.)

We had a rash of bad luck out there on Saturday. The only silver lining was we were running comparable times to our last competition with a ton of traffic, R888s, and running her at 7/10s. The track record for our class is within reach... Can't wait till we run Buttonwillow again.

On a side note we did set a track record for the new 18 wheeler class. Billy ended up clocking a 3:10 in Fes's monster diesel 18 wheeler:) The video is a can't miss!

It was also great to see Turbo Joe out there in his NSX, car looked and sounded great. We will see you at Miller!

We had a rash of bad luck out there on Saturday. The only silver lining was we were running comparable times to our last competition with a ton of traffic, R888s, and running her at 7/10s. The track record for our class is within reach... Can't wait till we run Buttonwillow again.

On a side note we did set a track record for the new 18 wheeler class. Billy ended up clocking a 3:10 in Fes's monster diesel 18 wheeler:) The video is a can't miss!

It was also great to see Turbo Joe out there in his NSX, car looked and sounded great. We will see you at Miller!
Hey Hey Hey...

It was a 3:08 :wink:

Pics from Honda-tech.
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=2193843&page=1
DSC05013.jpg

DSC06695.jpg

DSC05012.jpg

DSC05011.jpg

That was me in the silver '91 NSX.

-Daily driven w/ stock motor, driveline, interior etc.
-I/H/E
-Penske double adjustable shocks w/ non compliance bushings and beam
-Toyo RA1's w/ full tread

Lap time: 2:05.38

That was me in the silver '91 NSX.

-Daily driven w/ stock motor, driveline, interior etc.
-I/H/E
-Penske double adjustable shocks w/ non compliance bushings and beam
-Toyo RA1's w/ full tread

Lap time: 2:05.38
Was great working with you last weekend Ryan. Keep up the good work!

-Billy

Hey Billy and guys at Factor-X,

Tough luck about the engine..... :-( I really wanted to see you guys run for the event win. I'm sure the car has 1:48's in it...

Any chance on getting the car out to St Louis for our next event?

What about the Miller Motorsports Park event in June?

I couldn't get quicker than high 2:07's on Saturday (which was my personal best to date). One session with Billy Johnson in my passenger seat and then later with Andrie Hartanto, I was able to get to low 2:05's. What a difference quality coaching makes. These guys are amazing at what they do.
Thanks Billy and Andrie!!!
Ryan

Was great working with you last weekend Ryan. Keep up the good work!

-Billy

If you guys want to get technical we saw a 3:04. It still feel ripped off!!! I want my dollar back:rolleyes:

LOL! We will have to make another wager at Miller:) Got a tractor laying around?

Yeah we were quite upset about the engine going. It looks like it was our oil gear. 1:48's thats all the credit you give us:wink:

We will not be able to make it to St Louis but we will be at Miller!

Thanks again for the great event its exciting to see how it is growing by leaps and bounds at every event.

Hey Billy and guys at Factor-X,

Tough luck about the engine..... :-( I really wanted to see you guys run for the event win. I'm sure the car has 1:48's in it...

Any chance on getting the car out to St Louis for our next event?

What about the Miller Motorsports Park event in June?

Back