• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Redline Time Attack Championships at Laguna Seca, November 9th-11th

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to create a thread here for our Redline:Time Attack! Championships at Laguna Seca this November 9th-11th. Our Championships event is open to the general public and you DO NOT have to qualify for them. The event is limited to the first 100 vehicles that sign up, so if you are interested in competing, PLEASE sign up soon. We will reach our capacity of 100 vehicles for this event.

Also, Friday, November 9th is an Open Track Day....Everyone is welcome to attend and you do not have to participate in the Time Attack on Saturday & Sunday. The cost for Friday at Laguna Seca is only $300 and you will receive 2 to 2.5 hours of track time that day.

For more information regarding the Championships event, please visit our website:

www.RedlineTimeAttack.com

If you have any questions for me you can post them here or email me directly:

[email protected]

Hopefully we get more than one or two NSXs at the event! Especially for such a forum with so many racers, builders, and tuners that post on this forum informing the public on what to do. What better way then to show up and run the legendary course or even just come out and see the action. Nik and the crew at Redline do a great job in organizing the events!

Hopefully we get more than one or two NSXs at the event! Especially for such a forum with so many racers, builders, and tuners that post on this forum informing the public on what to do. What better way then to show up and run the legendary course or even just come out and see the action. Nik and the crew at Redline do a great job in organizing the events!
Racing and competing is the ultimate test for endurance and reliability. It would be a great opportunity to prove and assure their customers that their product can handle anything that they can stir up themselves.

Also being at the world-famous Laguna Seca Raceway would be a great photo-op for having their car/products coming down the infamous cork-screw!

Hope to see more than 1 NSX tuner out there representing! Gotta put those AWD monkey-driven econo-boxes in their place.

Redline:Time Attack! to be held 50 years to the day, of the first racing event ever held at Laguna Seca Raceway!

A bit of history for all of you automotive enthusiasts out there. The first organized race at Laguna Seca was held November 9th, 1957 and was won by Pete Lovely driving a Ferrari. The Redline:Time Attack! event scheduled for the weekend of November 9th-11th will be taking place EXACTLY 50 years after the first race concluded at Laguna Seca.

Join us for the beginning of the next chapter in the remarkable history of what is now known as Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The 2007 Redline:Time Attack! Championships is the innaugural event of what will be an annual visit to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula and historic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Those in the Time Attack community with the highest aspirations and the biggest dreams will descend upon Laguna Seca to secure their spot in the history books. To witness history in the making you will need to be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca the weekend of November 9th-11th. Who will be crowned the Champion of the first ever officially sanctioned Time Attack event to be held at Laguna Seca!? Join us to find out!

I would like to particpate on Friday only, but cannot be there at 9AM. Is there anyway to partake of a few hours on the course starting at noon?

Way back in the mists of time, I remember watching Pete Lovely at Torry Pines, (remember that course - just north of San Diego, on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific) in his little "Pooper" racecar (Porsche engined Cooper racer), running neck and neck with Johnny Von Neuman is his "big" 4.9 litre Ferrari. Happily, Pete L is apparently still going strong!!:smile:
Redline:Time Attack! to be held 50 years to the day, of the first racing event ever held at Laguna Seca Raceway!

A bit of history for all of you automotive enthusiasts out there. The first organized race at Laguna Seca was held November 9th, 1957 and was won by Pete Lovely driving a Ferrari. The Redline:Time Attack! event scheduled for the weekend of November 9th-11th will be taking place EXACTLY 50 years after the first race concluded at Laguna Seca.

Join us for the beginning of the next chapter in the remarkable history of what is now known as Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca. The 2007 Redline:Time Attack! Championships is the innaugural event of what will be an annual visit to the beautiful Monterey Peninsula and historic Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

Those in the Time Attack community with the highest aspirations and the biggest dreams will descend upon Laguna Seca to secure their spot in the history books. To witness history in the making you will need to be at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca the weekend of November 9th-11th. Who will be crowned the Champion of the first ever officially sanctioned Time Attack event to be held at Laguna Seca!? Join us to find out!

Sounds like fun. Wish I could fly down to check it out. Hmmm....

Yeah, yeah... Turbo Motec AWD, Sponsor Pampering... Blah.... look... are rental cars aloud? I see here that Enterprise has a deal on the Neon or Accent. If there is time maybe we can find tires and I can get Andie to send out some Spec VR's.

I'm all about going after that Honda Fit. Pros against Joes is how I roll. :biggrin:

We are plaining to have three NSX's running in all three divisions. Igor in the street class (in his Lovefab turbo-ed NSX), Kip in the modified class (driving his Supercharged NSX), and Kip in the unlimited class (Kip is driving Steve Ghent's twin turbo-ed NSX). Hopefully between the guys at Factor X and Driving Ambition we can make the NSX crowd proud. Cheers, Shad

You better post some pics Shad!

Good luck and have fun Kip, remember to give Steve his car back when you are done:biggrin:

Wish I could make it down, I have a Bicycle Show I am committed to do this weekend, race track would be more fun...:rolleyes:

Pics Hell I want some youtube on these bad boys:biggrin:

It may rain this weekend.

They need to add a program for those of us down here in the South/South. Sounds like it would be ideal for Sebring, do'nt ya know??:biggrin: It would keep the schedule symetrical!:tongue:

What happened at the Redline Attack? Did everything hold together? Kick-ass or just kicked?

Lance

I for one am happy to wait till the event is over before a report comes out...:rolleyes:

Preemptive results???:confused:

What happened at the Redline Attack? Did everything hold together? Kick-ass or just kicked?

Lance

Lance,

We just finished up the Super Street Las Battle. Things went well for our 1st track event in the new set-up still much more to do! Give us a ring tonight and we will fill you in. A post race write up will be done soon.

Between the rain and feeling a bit under the weather myself I elected to pass.

Back