• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Refurbish my center console?

I just bought my '94 coup and among a few other things that needs some TLC the center console trim (this might go by another name) needs some love. Has anyone pulled this out to do a re-ferb job to it? Im not talking about a carbon fiber or wood overlay, I want it to look like new OEM. Thanks guys

Try a search, should find a bunch. I pulled mine and peeled off all the plating . I didn't decide on finish yet.

yes, you definitely have to pull the old foil off before refinishing. going back to oem look can be done with the right paint match (the original is a vapor deposition process which is not cost effective for you to reproduce). another option is patterns done through water-transfer process (ie like applying camo to gun stocks etc). there usually are several places in large metro areas that do that. i have done my plastic interior pieces using this technique and the results are oem quality.

I did mine, and it came out good. Im happy with it.
securedownload.jpg

DIY
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35975

Joe @ Vinces Auto Body can make it perfect PM: ( pbassjo ) if your not the DIY type.

www.vincesautobodyworks.com

Last edited:
Back