• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

removal of cats

did anyone remove the cats and if so, what are the results regarding:
1/ sound & loudness
2/ horsepower
where to get the cat-replacing pipes and what is the price?
I own a model 1994 that is equiped with a Remus exhaust.
thanks for sharing your experiences.

Hi Senna,

FYI, I removed the cats on my NSX and I have a Remus exhaust too !

You will find some sounds of my car here: http://www.macs.ch/homepages/david/New_Pages/aboutmynsx.html

I dynoed my NSX this summer (temp 34C
frown.gif
) at 213kW with a Remus exhaust, RM Racing cold intake and the Comptech cat bypass pipes.

Regards,

David

[This message has been edited by Enzo (edited 01 November 2002).]

Hi David and Andrea,

Thanks for your quick reply; BTW David,nice pictures of a very nice car. For some reason I don't seem to be able to open de soundfile "0 to 220". From what I can hear I think the sound is definitly a bit louder in the low revs. Difficult to compare though.

Where did you get all those parts? Did you import them from the USA? Andrea , I saw you sell the bypass pipes from Taitec; Could you please let me know the price and shipping costs?

Many thanks

Senna

[This message has been edited by senna (edited 02 November 2002).]

Originally posted by senna:
From what I can hear I think the sound is definitly a bit louder in the low revs. Difficult to compare though.

Yes, the sound is a little bit louder at idle and A LOT louder at WOT...For me the sound now with the Remus, cat bypass pipes and intake is PERFECT !
wink.gif

Where did you get all those parts? Did you import them from the USA?

Yes !

Regards,

David

PS : Hello Andrea ! Yes I am really happy with my new Lexus RX !
wink.gif

Back