• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Remove and replace CD changer from trunk mount?

I have an all original 1991 NSX with the original ACURA badged CD changer mounted in the trunk. It's not operating properly and so I purchased a replacement from a wrecked car. But I don't know how to remove the original and replace it. I have seen where some models have bracket's that tilt all the way down (90 degrees) providing access to the four screws attaching it to the holding bracket. My only tilts partially (not even 45 degrees) just enough to allow for CD magazine insertion/removal. This makes access to the four holding screws virtually impossible. There has to be a straightforward way to remove the changer or at least to allow it to tilt flat (90 degrees) for access to the screws. Can anyone help? Thanks!

You have to remove the limit screw that located on the bracket. The screw is located on the front of the unit, toward the trunk floor. I'll post an image in a bit...

If you could do me a favor and post a picture of the fasteners used to put the bracket in the trunk, that would be helpful. My current NSX didn't have a unit, so I bought one used and I am trying to replicate the fasteners....

I have an all original 1991 NSX with the original ACURA badged CD changer mounted in the trunk. It's not operating properly and so I purchased a replacement from a wrecked car.
I don't want to rain on your parade but you're way better off ditching the CD changer and reclaiming the trunk space. The OEM Alpine unit doesn't play .mp3s so you're limited in the number of songs and the cartridge system is known to be problematice. Yes, you can buy one that does play .mp3s but you're better off using the unit that SOS sells that allows you to interface an iPod to the CD input on the OEM head unit. You can get one of those cheap mini square ones and it can hold more tunes than you're ever need. I think there's now also a Bluetooth one to work with a phone instead.

Search up digital CD changer m-bus adapter.

Something like a phatbox or yatour should interface with the stock head unit. And would install where the CD changer would go....

Back