• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing "ACURA" from center tail light?

Quite a while ago there was someone offering to remove the "ACURA" from the center tail light and replacing it with NSX in the correct font. If somebody still offers this service I can't locate it on the forum. Any help?
Mike M.

i was contemplating doing this myself, but I heard to do it right you need to be super careful and make sure that all the previous glue is off for a perfect seal.

I wonder who also does this as well.

also....... if you buy the newer style 02+ up the acura badge is external can peel it off and you have a brand new one without the acura word or badge.

you can use dental floss to saw it off then rub the glue off. and you keep your original so that one day you can return it to factory specs.

also....... if you buy the newer style 02+ up the acura badge is external can peel it off and you have a brand new one without the acura word or badge.

you can use dental floss to saw it off then rub the glue off. and you keep your original so that one day you can return it to factory specs.

Any idea what the part number is for the new piece?
Mike M.

It's very easy to remove the "Acura" sticker. Take the center piece off the car and put it in a pot of water. Bring the water to a boil and leave it in there for 10 minutes or so. Take it out and try to pry the lens apart. If the glus isn't soft enough, put it back into the boiling water for a few more minutes. The key to doing this without damaging the lens is to make sue the glue is soft and take your time using a blunt butter knife. Once its apart it'll take a few seconds to remove the "Acura" Sticker. To glue it back together, I used a waterproof marine clear silicone. It hasn't leaked in 12 years and I didn't put anything in place of the sticker I removed.

It's very easy to remove the "Acura" sticker. Take the center piece off the car and put it in a pot of water. Bring the water to a boil and leave it in there for 10 minutes or so. Take it out and try to pry the lens apart. If the glus isn't soft enough, put it back into the boiling water for a few more minutes. The key to doing this without damaging the lens is to make sue the glue is soft and take your time using a blunt butter knife. Once its apart it'll take a few seconds to remove the "Acura" Sticker. To glue it back together, I used a waterproof marine clear silicone. It hasn't leaked in 12 years and I didn't put anything in place of the sticker I removed.

do you have any tips for when removing the center tail light lense from the car, there are a few white plastic spear shaped tabs that are connected to the frame. any tips on popping those out?

Back