• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing keyless entry.

At the epicenter of the Zombie Apocalypse
My 93 has one of these installed. I want to remove it since a new alarm will be going in soon that duplicates its features, From the FAQ I gather it's behind the glove box. Once I have the glove box off will the "black box" be easy to spot? Is it labeled in any sort of way. Besides doing the reverse of the installation instructions (i.e. unplugging the harness connectors) is there anything else I need to do to un-install the thing?

Thanks,
Hugh

re

Hugh,

I'm looking for one as well.. What are you planning to put in Viper, Clifford?

Are you doing it yourself or have the shop do it?

I'm in the market for an alarm with keyless fo rthe car.. Hope those circuit city guys know what they are doing and not take everything apart...

I'll be installing a Viper 850VX. Ken over at Sound Advice in Boca Raton is going to do it. He did a great job on phase one of my stero upgrade which you can check out the Stereo section.

As far as selling the removed unit I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll hold onto to it or put it up for sale. Once I make up my mind I'll let everyone know.

Those considering buying it - keep in mind that the keyless system for the '93 and later NSX is not the same as the one for the '91-92.

Going through my car's receipts, I see the original owner had the thing dealer installed when the car had 226 miles on it. I have every freaking receipt related to this car since it hit the road but no owner's/install manual for the keyless entry. If anyone out there has these documents for a 93 or later unit (12 and 14 pin connectors) could you please scan it and email it to me at [email protected]

Thanks,
Hugh

Hugh said:

As far as selling the removed unit I'm still undecided as to whether or not I'll hold onto to it or put it up for sale. Once I make up my mind I'll let everyone know.

If you are thinking about keeping the unit, why not just leave it in the car? The unit itself is pretty small and doesn't take up much room at all. It won't interfere with your new alarm/keyless entry either. Mine is still in my car and I have a alarm/keyless entry installed as well. I think only if you are really going to sell it than it may be worth while to take it out.

FYI, you don't need to remove the glove box to get at the unit.

You just remove the leather strip beneath the glove box door (I believe it is two screws and it pops out but check the FAQ) and then there is a plastic plate that forms the bottom of the dash holding the unit. It is installed on the upper side so you have to get the plate out to remove it. It has a little wire antenna sticking out of it and is pretty obvious.

I forgot to post that I removed the thing a couple of days ago. Whoever installed it actually attached beneath the trim panel so it was in plain view. I did have to remove that perforated plastic panel to get the harness out though.

I would still like a copy of the instructions so if anyone has em could you please make a copy to mail to me or scan and email. You can PM me for my mailing address.

Thanks,
Hugh

Back