• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Removing supercharger, returning to stock

Hello everyone, I have some questions I’m not too sure about. I have a 94 5 speed that was purchased with a basch supercharger. I want to return the car to its original form. I’ve read the installation manual for the supercharger and have tried to undo what was done to the original al car. So far I’ve ran into two hiccups. The car has an aem ecm and the injectors that were supplied with the basch kit. As far as returning to stock can I just replace the ecm with a stock ecm and replace the injectors to stock ones and just reassemble everything back to factory spec and be good to go? Also I cannot seem to be able to source new injector would anyone be kind enough to guide me with some part numbers or links? Thank you

Hello everyone, I have some questions I’m not too sure about. I have a 94 5 speed that was purchased with a basch supercharger. I want to return the car to its original form. I’ve read the installation manual for the supercharger and have tried to undo what was done to the original al car. So far I’ve ran into two hiccups. The car has an aem ecm and the injectors that were supplied with the basch kit. As far as returning to stock can I just replace the ecm with a stock ecm and replace the injectors to stock ones and just reassemble everything back to factory spec and be good to go? Also I cannot seem to be able to source new injector would anyone be kind enough to guide me with some part numbers or links? Thank you

If you replace the ECU and OEM injectors, you should be good to go unless the BBSC system also changed the factory wiring harness. I have my old set of 6 injectors available.

I know the Comptech Supercharger kit pretty well and can answer questions for you there. However, the Basch one, I have no experience with. As far turning it back to stock here are a few areas i'd check.

Behind the passenger seat, check the original wiring harness when you put back the OEM ECU. There may be several things spliced into it with the AEM depending on which jumper harness was used. Make sure there are no other random components (again, not sure what it takes to get the Basch unit to work)

Check the fuel pressure regulator. Make sure that is put back to stock.

Stock injectors - you've already mentioned this. A bunch of folks selling stock injectors here on nsxprime every so often.. post a WTB ad and someone is bound to offer a set. Since you have them out, best to get them cleaned and flow tested at RC Engineering.

Check the belt pulley system... I reckon the Basch had a different main crank pulley in order to accommodate a supercharger belt.. maybe, maybe not...

That's all I can think of to start. If you get the Basch unit uninstalled successfully you can sell that here and recoup some costs.

I remember fueling issues with the Basch boost...there was a split second box that was installed to help with that....I'm assuming that would need to be removed.

oops I'm guilty of skimming topic post:redface:

Back