• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replaced the Nsx with 2012 Audi R8 V10

I wasn't thinking of getting another vehicle but it just happened upon me.
Picked up a 2012 Audi R8 V10 R-tronic with 15,000 km on it.
Lots of Carbon here and there on her.
Getting use to the transmission, nice not to have to clutch.
It works best when you lift the throttle when shifting with the paddles, just as you would driving a manual.
I call this my grown up NSX.
Hope all are doing fine here.
TrevIMG_3305.jpgIMG_2905.jpg

Awesome!! Congrats man! I too almost pulled the trigger on a V10 R8 in July. Was in discussion with PFAFF in Woodbridge ON to broker it for me. It was a 2010 with 38K miles listed for $112K. Another bonus was the 6 speed manual transmission that seems to be disappearing. Got a generous offering for trade in value on my 03NSX too. Unfortunately after digging into the history of the R8 that wasn't being entirely disclosed (thanks to Audizine) I had to walk away from the car. It had all 4 shocks gone (still under warranty that PFAFF would have taken care of) and it raised a bit of a red flag. The broker that I was dealing with in claimed it was a regular problem with the V10 cause it had the same suspension as the V8 and didn't account for the change in weight... Which was kind of ridiculous as the shocks should more than be able to compensate. I did more digging and found out it had gone sideways at a track into the wall. Love the R8s. When a V10 comes along at the right price I likely will switch as well. Hopefully by then I can convince the wife to let me have two tots rather than just one. [emoji13] [emoji41].

Last edited:
I wasn't thinking of getting another vehicle but it just happened upon me.
Picked up a 2012 Audi R8 V10 R-tronic with 15,000 km on it.
Lots of Carbon here and there on her.
Getting use to the transmission, nice not to have to clutch.
It works best when you lift the throttle when shifting with the paddles, just as you would driving a manual.
I call this my grown up NSX.
Hope all are doing fine here.
TrevView attachment 117733View attachment 117734

My hero! Son....... I know you weren't looking or thinking of another vehicle, but .....

Looks like you done GOOD :biggrin:

Congrats!

Nice car. At least now you will not be the odd one out when you hang out with your exotic car owner associates. Your car will no longer be the oldest of the bunch.

Nice ride. Tell which you feels drives/tracks better once you've had a chance to really give it due course (R8 or NSX). I've driven both and guess it's fair to say that I still own the NSX for a reason. That said, I do have a tri pack of Audi power with my RS6's which all out run R8's in V8 and V10 trim.... lol

Enjoy the new wheels.

Trevor,
Nice transition and choice of car. What made you decide on the gearbox ? After all these years, I may forego an NSX purchase as I live in the city of Toronto, (not suburbs) and everywhere I go there is literally stop and go traffic. My car would never see 4th gear in a week, so a car with an electronic gearbox may be better ? I’m liking the R8’s too ;-)

You bet ya! You can drive, I'll hang on.
I didn't want to clutch anymore.
I am old and overweight and have trouble with my right leg as well for the last 2 years.
Stick of course would be more fun, but I did get use to this in the month that I had it on the roads.
Trev

Back