• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement floor mats - color question

Hi guys,

Just called Acura to get a replacement set of floor mats as an early Xmas present. They reckon there are only 2 sorts; tan and black.

Now my NSX is a 97 Kaiser Silver (black leather interior). Although the mats are rather tired, they definitely don't look black - more like a sort of gray /charcoal with NSX stitched in silver.

Does anyone happen to know if what Acura descibe as 'black' is in fact charcoal? The Acura part they quoted me was 08P15SL0212. Or is there another part number I need to use?

Any help appreciated - I just don't want to end up with the wrong mats if I can get it right 1st time around! thanks

As ever, Prime comes up trumps. Thanks very much for your help, esp. the picture from HRant. The gray mat in the top left is exactly the one I need to get.

You are welcome. But frankly, in a Kaiser silver with black interior, you would be better off with black mats and silver logo - it really enhances the interior IMO.

If not, make sure it is charcoal (really darker gray) since over time the gray OEM has changed its color/dye .........

You may be right - I'll look at the carpet itself tonight as I can't recall the color of it. I

f the carpet is black then IO would agree the black floor mat is the way to go. And in that case I may PM you and order up a set of true black ones

If the carpet is more gray than black, I'll stick with the OEM.

Back