• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement LEDs for spoiler light bar

ENT

Contributing Member
I'm looking for replacement LEDs for the 3rd brake light in the stock spoiler. Any suggestions on where I might be able to find a few that match the stock LED colour and brightness?

Thanks in advance,
Ian

I remember from a long time ago there was a company called Logan Diagnostic (615-479-1900) that was doing repairs for our lights. I haven't ever used their services but others here have....... Their site is www.ledfix.com

Please let us know of your experience with their service if you decide to use them.

HTH,
Gene Greer

I remember from a long time ago there was a company called Logan Diagnostic (615-479-1900) that was doing repairs for our lights. I haven't ever used their services but others here have....... Their site is www.ledfix.com

Please let us know of your experience with their service if you decide to use them.

HTH,
Gene Greer

Good find!...
I think mine are flaking out sometimes, not sure if those lights are on their last legs but i will try them if i ever have to replace.

I would be interested to see if anyone have been successful at taking it apart.

Shawn110975 shipped me a couple of broken lightbar pieces (big thanks Shawn!) so I now have spare LEDs to use as replacements.

This evening I managed to separate the two halves of the light bar:

Spoiler-LED.jpg

I used a "multi-crafter" tool with some tape on the blade to ensure it didn't go in too far. I kept the tool on its slowest setting to avoid melting the plastic and also kept it moving around, ensuring that I cut on the inside of the seam with the cover. I used a small drill bit on the really tight corner sections to finish it off and then popped it apart.

Multi-Crafter.jpg

Cheers,
Ian

so i take it they are clear 5mm standard superbright red LEDs then?

Back