• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Replacement suggestions for 1991 w/ OEM Yokohama's

Well, not tires from 1991, but I am looking for any CURRENT recommendations for good tire with comparable feel to the OEM Yokohamas. Any suggestions. I am still riding on the OEM wheels (keepin' it real) and don't plan on changing those, so please consider that before suggesting any exotic sizes or configurations.

If this is a redundant post from elsewhere in the forum, I apologize, but my forum search was really only revealing wheel options, not tire only. Besides. with the way these cars eat tires, and the way manufacturers are always updating their lines of tires, it might be beneficial to the community to have a Spring 2013 list with opinions available here.

Best regards and THANK YOU for you help!

- DS

For 15"/16" wheels, the closest you'll come to the feel of the OEM Yokohama A022H tires is with one of the "extreme performance" summer tires. Fortunately, most of them are available in the original OEM sizes of 205/50-15 and 225/50-16, including:

BFGoodrich g-Force Rival
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11
Bridgestone Potenza RE-11A
Dunlop Direzza ZII
Falken Azenis RT-615K
Kumho Ecsta XS
Toyo Proxes R1R
Yokohama ADVAN Neova AD08

All of these are excellent on dry pavement. On wet pavement, the Falken and Kumho are noticeably worse than the others.

Well, not tires from 1991, but I am looking for any CURRENT recommendations for good tire with comparable feel to the OEM Yokohamas. Any suggestions. I am still riding on the OEM wheels (keepin' it real) and don't plan on changing those, so please consider that before suggesting any exotic sizes or configurations.

If this is a redundant post from elsewhere in the forum, I apologize, but my forum search was really only revealing wheel options, not tire only. Besides. with the way these cars eat tires, and the way manufacturers are always updating their lines of tires, it might be beneficial to the community to have a Spring 2013 list with opinions available here.

Best regards and THANK YOU for you help!

- DS

I missed this post. http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php/171328-Recommended-OEM-replacement-tire

Some good suggestions there from NSXTASY. Sorry for the redundancy everyone. Feel free to post any additions to that list too.

-DS

- - - Updated - - -

HeHe! Posts came through at the same time. Thank you, Ken!

Not sure if this is worth anything to you, but, I am keeping my stock wheels on my '93. I am about to replace the Yokohamas with the new Direzza ZII's. They seem like real good bang-for-buck tires.

Back