• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

Replacing Front Spoiler

The original spoiler (part #5 71110-SL0-010 SPOILER, FR. AIR) I have is a bit worn on my 2005. I ordered a new one and was curious if there is a "how to" switching out the old for the new one.

The black rubber spoiler attaches to the bottom of the front bumper skirt via a series of bolts. The bolt (part#36) points to the ground and screws into something (I assume part # 41 NUT, AIR SPOILER CLIP).......The #41 part is up above the front bumper skirt.....how do I get a tool onto this clip to unscrew the bolt? or does the clip stay in place without holding it in place when the bolts are unscrewed?

THX :rolleyes:

Sometimes the clips get broken from their mounting in the lower valance. In that case it's a bit of a bear to take off. Once you get it off you'll probably need a large fender washer to hold the two assemblies together.
HTH

This is an EASY job, no doubt. I have done it several times.

I venture to say the majority of us have done this once or twice... :rolleyes: it's really a pretty easy task... :smile: T.

This is an EASY job, no doubt. I have done it several times.

IoI I am glad it is easy because I am not that technically inclined.

I, however, need (pretty please) more details than it is an "easy" job:confused:

Can anyone else elaborate if it just involves unscrewing the bolts from below or does the top clip apparatus need also to be immobilized with a tool at the same time the bolt is unscrewed?

THX

IoI I am glad it is easy because I am not that technically inclined.

I, however, need (pretty please) more details than it is an "easy" job:confused:

Can anyone else elaborate if it just involves unscrewing the bolts from below or does the top clip apparatus need also to be immobilized with a tool at the same time the bolt is unscrewed?

THX

From vague memory of last time I did it, you just unscrew the screw (the washer type things stay ON the bumper) then you remove the part. You then line up the new one and screw in the screws into the washer/retainer things.

Back