• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Return of the Commodore 64!

Commodore 64 comes back!!

Pretty cool for us "40+" old-timers. :p If I had some money to play with, I'd think about getting one just for that warm and fuzzy nostalgic feeling. :D

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e607457dd970c-600wi

6a00d8341c630a53ef014e60745903970c-300wi

Is this some sort of video game? :tongue:

I've got two, brand new in the box, Vic-20s in the attic....Could do an upgrade to em???

I remember when I had my VIC-20, with its whopping 3.5K of ram and the 16K expander cartridge was the cats pajamas. Then came the C-64 with its staggering 64K of memory...I was like..."what the hell do you do with so much memory?!?!"

Its kind of too bad its just a crappy Linux PC in the old case though.

I cant help but feel that all of the legacy brands get bastardized over and over as just a pure money grab from us old timers ;)

Personally, I get a lot more enjoyment out of just keeping some of these older systems around. I still have my Amiga 4000T working perfectly and you can get a real, original, C64 on eBay very cheap.

Otherwise its just yet another Intel PC (which we all have already) in a retro case.

I remember when I had my VIC-20, with its whopping 3.5K of ram and the 16K expander cartridge was the cats pajamas. Then came the C-64 with its staggering 64K of memory...I was like..."what the hell do you do with so much memory?!?!"

I still have a VIC-20 and a MAC +, along with an assortment of older Intel and AMD based computers. Don't know what I am going to do with these relics that sit and collect dust.

Its kind of too bad its just a crappy Linux PC in the old case though.

I cant help but feel that all of the legacy brands get bastardized over and over as just a pure money grab from us old timers ;)

Personally, I get a lot more enjoyment out of just keeping some of these older systems around. I still have my Amiga 4000T working perfectly and you can get a real, original, C64 on eBay very cheap.

Otherwise its just yet another Intel PC (which we all have already) in a retro case.

I almost failed high school because of my Amiga 500. I had so many pirated games... made getting laid something of a challenge...:frown:

I still have my TRS-80 at my parents house.
No hard drive, no floppy. You had to code whatever game you wanted to play, and when you turned it off you lost it. That was fun, right?

What is this commodore 64 you speak of :confused:

Don't you mean Nintendo 64?? :tongue:

Yea, that thing came out before my time :tongue: Sounds like, um, loads of fun haha.

Back