• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Reviving the NSX

Yesterday, I put the NSX away for winter storage. It had actually been inactive in my garage for a couple of months prior. This past year, I feel like I've totally wasted/unused the NSX. In the spring/early summer, I did drive it frequently but all told I only put a few thousand miles on it. Ideally, I would like to drive it much more. I found myself driving my M3 much more.

This year I want to upgrade the NSX so that I drive it and enjoy it more. One of the things I need to do is upgrade to satellite radio. I like listening to various channels (techno, sports talk, etc) and want a nice system--not FM modulator junk. Any input would be appreciated on what's new and available--and aesthetically pleasing would be better, not a clip-on-to-the-vent radio?

Also, after being lazy, I'm hoping to finally upgrade to FI. I'm planning on SC and leaning towards an SOS system; something that would be easy to use without worrying about constant tuning, etc. Also, want to improve my side skirts, look and feel (don't feel like the guy who installed him accurately paint-matched it to the Rio).

I've never gotten new rims but that's something else to consider. I am willing to go bigger as long as it doesn't compromise the ride (I don't track but drive spiritedly). Basically, I'm willing to drop some cash this time around and make the NSX experience better. This isn't a knock on the NSX--the reason I don't drive it as much isn't a lack of power but probably due to more simple reasons like the radio and just trying to over baby it.

Any suggestions on these plans or other ideas to make the car more user-friendly? I always feel like driving the NSX more when winter comes calling and can't anymore.

Soundsystem I just upgraded recently myself and I find myself driving the car more because of it, trips to the gym, video store etc etc. drive her more for sure before the next owner enjoys what you neglected

... video store etc etc....

Is there such thing exist anymore :wink:

Anyway, I'm also looking to upgrade my sound system. To fix the blown AMP will cost me around $700 something and even after fixing it the sound is not that good anyway. So I'm holding off on fixing the amps and is considering putting that money toward a new system.

I'm new to this, so to upgrade a decent sound system what cost are we talking about? Any suggestions?

Yesterday, I put the NSX away for winter storage. It had actually been inactive in my garage for a couple of months prior. This past year, I feel like I've totally wasted/unused the NSX. In the spring/early summer, I did drive it frequently but all told I only put a few thousand miles on it. Ideally, I would like to drive it much more. I found myself driving my M3 much more.

This year I want to upgrade the NSX so that I drive it and enjoy it more. One of the things I need to do is upgrade to satellite radio. I like listening to various channels (techno, sports talk, etc) and want a nice system--not FM modulator junk. Any input would be appreciated on what's new and available--and aesthetically pleasing would be better, not a clip-on-to-the-vent radio?

Also, after being lazy, I'm hoping to finally upgrade to FI. I'm planning on SC and leaning towards an SOS system; something that would be easy to use without worrying about constant tuning, etc. Also, want to improve my side skirts, look and feel (don't feel like the guy who installed him accurately paint-matched it to the Rio).

I've never gotten new rims but that's something else to consider. I am willing to go bigger as long as it doesn't compromise the ride (I don't track but drive spiritedly). Basically, I'm willing to drop some cash this time around and make the NSX experience better. This isn't a knock on the NSX--the reason I don't drive it as much isn't a lack of power but probably due to more simple reasons like the radio and just trying to over baby it.

Any suggestions on these plans or other ideas to make the car more user-friendly? I always feel like driving the NSX more when winter comes calling and can't anymore.

If I was you I would look into something that was dealer approved. If you get the SOS SC you will gain a lot of power but you will have to change your injectors, fuel pump and at the end the car will need a tune. Why not get a low boost CTSC, keep your stock injectors, fuel pump, fuel map and have plenty of power. The car will feel like now but only a little faster, with headers and exhaust you should be at 350 RWHP. You can approach this as a factory performance upgrade since all the parts I mentioned were a dealer option when the car was being purchased new.

For Audio I would get a simple iPod link that connects instead of the factory CD changer.

I suggest you to leave your factory sideskirts on, please remember that your sideskirts correspond with both bumpers. By changing them you are throwing the look of your car off balance. If you decide to go this route you will also have to change the front underbumper lip and rear valence. To me it is just not worth it.

Wheels - I'm on my 4th set of aftermarket rims and this season I am planning on going back to stock. I wish there was an option of having the factory rear 02+ wheel in 18" but unfortunatley it is not possible. I came to a conclusion that the factory wheels give our cars a very elegant and refined look, aftermarket solutions make cars look older and if you find a wheel that doesn't it will throw the look off balance.

I hope this helps ;).

Last edited:
As far as the sound system goes - there is a whole sub-forum on that topic here on NSXPrime called "NSX Electronics (including Stereo, Multimedia, Security, etc.)".

Its three forums below the one you are in now.

:)

If I was you I would look into something that was dealer approved. If you get the SOS SC you will gain a lot of power but you will have to change your injectors, fuel pump and at the end the car will need a tune. Why not get a low boost CTSC, keep your stock injectors, fuel pump, fuel map and have plenty of power. The car will feel like now but only a little faster, with headers and exhaust you should be at 350 RWHP. You can approach this as a factory performance upgrade since all the parts I mentioned were a dealer option when the car was being purchased new.

Not really a big deal, IMO. A fuel pump is an easy and non-intrusive part to install. As is the injectors. If you go with a nice conservative tune, you shouldn't have to worry about constantly checking and re-checking the tune.

Besides, new fueling components is good piece of mind when adding power.

Back