• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Rims and Offsets

Can anyone lend me any information on the perfect 18/19 wheel sets/offsets for a NSX? Also I was wondering if anyone has had previous or current experience with Axis wheels? Ive been considering volk GT7 wheels but they are so expensive... I am affraid that I will end up damaging them on our crappy roads in the city we live in. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas...........

Oh and a quiz or thought stumper for today...

Take four 9 's and equal a perfect 100 (you can add, subtract, multipy, and divide 9's but only 9 only and only four of them)

Good Luck and the clock starts now........ :rolleyes:

18x8.0 is popular. The lowest that will fit is a +35mm with a good average @ +38mm. Normal tire is 215-35-18. If you want to go with a wider tire, move the offset up. Example one of the widest tires that works is a 235, and a +45mm offset is what you need. For a 215 tire, stay around a +38mm

19x10.0 is popular (9.5" or 9.0" will work too, but the offset needs to be lowered for the same look at the fender as a wider wheel) Ok back to the 19x10.0. The lowest offset that looks good is a +38mm. A +40mm or even +42 is fine too. The +38mm brings the rears "out" to a good spot in the fender area. For a tire, 265-30-19 (great with a +38mm) or 275-30-19 is also popular. If you pick the 275 tire, I reccomend going with a +40mm to +42mm range.

I sell the 18x8 and 19x9.5 GT-7 package for $1840, so you are right, they are expensive, but Axis are not cheap either. Remember Volks are "forged" which means that they are much stronger than a "cast" wheel. You get what you pay for.

Most wheels, you have to "take as they are" meaning that they only make certain offsets period. So then you have to put up with spacers etc to get the look that you want, or the offsets offered, are way too low (+25mm etc) and you will NOT be able to use that rim. Volk as well as WORK and others, allow you to "custom" order the wheel for the offset and even color that you want. This way you will be really happy with your 2 grand investment.

Happy wheel shopping. Just when you find one that you like, you end up finding out that they will not fit, or out of stock, or then see a new wheel that you like better......It goes on and on! :eek:

GPWNSXVA said:
What about rubbing?

The Volk GT7 with tires= ? Axis Spiders ?

I wouldn't reccomend a size/offset, if it rubbed. If you decide to run a 225 front, or even a 235, you will run the risk of a little rub at full lock, but staying with a 215, and the proper offset, you will be ok.

Tires as cheap as $600 for the Kumho's. (215-35-18,275-30-19)

The Spiders only come in a 8" width http://www.axiswheels.com/spider.html
and that is kinda narrow for a 19" nsx wheel. They retail for $1320/set, and I would sell them less than that. (I would have to call,)

Brad,

The magazine on the right below, has a tire/rim section for a lot of common rims that have been used on the NSX and gives recommended tires and wheel offsets. Next time we meet up, I'll let you take a look at it.

OBTW, highly recommend any NSX enthusiast to get a copy of this magazine. IMO, it seems pretty much inclusive on NSX stuff.

attachment.php

Good picture book Ty, but do you happen to have a pocket translater that I can borrow so that I may understand it.... LOL Just kidding! I'll be in Vegas through Monday next week so I will get up with you next weekend.

GPWNSXVA said:
Oh and a quiz or thought stumper for today...

Take four 9 's and equal a perfect 100 (you can add, subtract, multipy, and divide 9's but only 9 only and only four of them)

Good Luck and the clock starts now........ :rolleyes:

9/9=1
9,9=99

1 + 99 = 100

Summary: (9/9) + 99 = 100

Prize?

You are the proud winner of a trip to BFE with all accomidations set into a perfect sunset resort in well well ..... we dont actually know where but the Bermuda Triangle has come up a few times. Wait whats this..... Just in the private perfect sunset resort has just disappeared hold for further details......................................................... ....................................................................... :smile:

avalon96 said:
9/9=1
9,9=99

1 + 99 = 100

Summary: (9/9) + 99 = 100

Prize?

I admit it's been a long time since I've taken AP Calc... but I didn't know a comma was a function that would make 9,9 into 99...

but of course otherwise, there is no other way to get 100 from four 9's...

I"m new to rims and tires.

Can you someone please explain offsets? I see members posting +30 or +41, etc...

What does it mean? I always thought that when someone order rims, you just tell them the size like (215-40-17).

Also,

What's the recommendation rims on a stock car with 17 in front and 18 in back? Everyone seems to have different combo.

The most popular one i see is:
17X8 front 18X9 rear
215-40-17 front and 275-35-18 rear

thanks for the info.

Engel07 said:
I"m new to rims and tires.

Can you someone please explain offsets? I see members posting +30 or +41, etc...

What does it mean? I always thought that when someone order rims, you just tell them the size like (215-40-17).

Also,

What's the recommendation rims on a stock car with 17 in front and 18 in back? Everyone seems to have different combo.

The most popular one i see is:
17X8 front 18X9 rear
215-40-17 front and 275-35-18 rear

thanks for the info.

Offset info is located here from the FAQ section.

jskim9 said:
I admit it's been a long time since I've taken AP Calc... but I didn't know a comma was a function that would make 9,9 into 99...

but of course otherwise, there is no other way to get 100 from four 9's...

100 = 99 + (9/9)
100 = |- sqrt 9999 -| [ceiling]
100 = |- sqrt sqrt sqrt sqrt sqrt (9-to-the-99) -| / 9 [ceiling]
100 = |_ sqrt sqrt sqrt sqrt sqrt sqrt sqrt 147! _|
{the rounded-down 128th-root of 147!; since we can make 147 with four
nines, this gives us another way to make 100 with four nines}

Back