• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Ring Taxi

Hi All!

Anyone had a Ring Taxi ride?

I am going to be in the Netherlands for 3 weeks on business and figured I could use one of my weekends to make the trip out and go for a "Ring Taxi" ride.

I see on the webpage that tickets should be available sometime this month.
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en/fascination/bmw_ring_taxi

I was wondering what the experience is like and if anyone knows what the price will be this year. I was about 200 Euros I believe last year. (I assume was that for 3 passengers?)

If you dont know about it, just youtube search Ring Taxi.

Cheers

-J

P.S.
If anyone would like to give me a ride in their NSX that would be awesome and I would pay for ring pass and tip for the experience.:biggrin:

http://www.nuerburgring.de/en/angebote/driving-experiences/co-pilot-fahrten/bmw-ring-taxi.html

It's running 195 euro right now.

But, nope, I haven't been on the Ring Taxi. I have been in front of it :-D. Not sure if it's worth the price for one lap - you'd be better off getting a "rent a racecar" for a day. There are a few outfits in the area that provide a car with insurance specifically for the Ring. Of course, prices are much higher than your standard Sixt rental... But at about 99 euro for a POS for a few laps to 549 euro for basically a day in a decent car, it's not bad value for your money.

http://www.rent4ring.de/en/info/rentals-for-the-nordschleife.html

Other aspect is that there are always a lot of enthusiasts there that will just let you ride along if you ask. I had my Z06 out there (stationed in Baumholder) and spent some time talking Corvettes with an old German fellow who had a heavily modified Z06 while I was letting my Z06 cool down. Evidently he also raced in GT2. Well, when he decided he wanted to go, he offered a ride and I got the fastest ride around the Ring that I've ever been in. Everywhere I was going around 120-130 mph, he'd be easily 10-15 mph faster. Partly due to experience and skill, partly due to his Z06 being a heavily modified beast. We did three laps - all for the price of free. Definitely passed the Ring taxi that day too. He said he was taking it easy cause I was in the car and there was heavy traffic - doing about a 7:30 lap was his guess. And I think that was definitely probably pretty spot on!

Last edited:
Other aspect is that there are always a lot of enthusiasts there that will just let you ride along if you ask. I had my Z06 out there (stationed in Baumholder) and spent some time talking Corvettes with an old German fellow who had a heavily modified Z06 while I was letting my Z06 cool down. Evidently he also raced in GT2. Well, when he decided he wanted to go, he offered a ride and I got the fastest ride around the Ring that I've ever been in. Everywhere I was going around 120-130 mph, he'd be easily 10-15 mph faster. Partly due to experience and skill, partly due to his Z06 being a heavily modified beast. We did three laps - all for the price of free. Definitely passed the Ring taxi that day too. He said he was taking it easy cause I was in the car and there was heavy traffic - doing about a 7:30 lap was his guess. And I think that was definitely probably pretty spot on!

It might have been cooler seeing the Z06 go by if you were in the taxi, should've given that seat to me! :rolleyes: That is an excellent story that left me GREEN with envy.

The 'Ring...one day...

Hi All!

Anyone had a Ring Taxi ride?

I am going to be in the Netherlands for 3 weeks on business and figured I could use one of my weekends to make the trip out and go for a "Ring Taxi" ride.

I see on the webpage that tickets should be available sometime this month.
http://www.bmw-motorsport.com/ms_en/fascination/bmw_ring_taxi

I was wondering what the experience is like and if anyone knows what the price will be this year. I was about 200 Euros I believe last year. (I assume was that for 3 passengers?)

If you dont know about it, just youtube search Ring Taxi.

Cheers

-J

P.S.
If anyone would like to give me a ride in their NSX that would be awesome and I would pay for ring pass and tip for the experience.:biggrin:

I was just in Europe a few weeks ago. Went from Amsterdam to Frankfurt, and stopped by the Nurburgring on the way down.

the ring taxi is totally not worth it IMO. there are plenty of folks there that are willing to let you hop in their car for free (of course i offered to pay for their lap) its 24euro/lap. Youre not gonna get getting a "racecar" driver, but lets be real and say that you're not driving anyway. haha. other option includes renting a racecar for a few laps. its not cheap http://www.rent-racecar.de/ . Third and cheapest option is to get on the ring "shuttle". Basically a 10 person shuttle that drives tourists around the ring.

Not sure how you plan on getting there, but I took the Koblenz route to get to N-ring. I hear there is a shuttlebus that goes to and from every 30 min, but unfortunately i made the mistake of traveling on a sunday. NOTHING is open on sundays in germany. I ended up taking a cab to N-ring which is about 70km and 60euro away (each direction). If you take the Koblenz route, dont expect the locals to know where or what Nurburgring is. Most wont know and will point you in the direction of Nuremberg which is not where you want to end up.

anyway. hope that helps. hope you have a good time.

Hi

Damn it's been a long time since I been here. Been busy. Heres my 2 cents about the Ring Taxi.

Sabine is a hell of a driver. I have not taken a ride with her. It is not easy though. I think there's a 2 year waiting list or something. So it's not just wave and then get a ride.

I can't say if it's worth it or not. I have hitched a ride on the track with a Renault Clio Sport and we blew past everything in that little sucker. The driver was really good. I had a great time.

I also hitched a ride in a Golf II GTI with roll cage and everything. After we got onto the straights after a lap I was just about to say that I had enough. It was just too much. But I enjoyed every second of it.

So my suggestion is also to try to hitch a ride.

My best memories from the Ring are those above and also two in additions to those. When I took my NSX for a ride there and my friend almost puked when I drove a little bit too hot into a turn and the tires started "yelling" :biggrin:

Also the time on my Kawasaki Zx9-R when I had my knee down going through a corner over a hill and the front wheel went into the air was the most thrilling time ever. Not a safe racetrack at all. Remember that.

Best regards

Back