• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

RIP Mark Haines

Mark Haines (April 19, 1946 - May 24, 2011) was the host of the CNBC show Squawk Box. I would assume that a number of you guys are involved in the market as I am. This guy had a lot to do with the way I traded in the market. He would ask politicians and ceos the questions that other anchors/reporters would refrain from doing. I religiously watched his show daily since 2001.

Mark Haines (April 19, 1946 - May 24, 2011) was the host of the CNBC show Squawk Box. I would assume that a number of you guys are involved in the market as I am. This guy had a lot to do with the way I traded in the market. He would ask politicians and ceos the questions that other anchors/reporters would refrain from doing. I religiously watched his show daily since 2001.

thx for that ... i had been away from (almost) any form of today's news until just now and didn't know he had passed away. i agree with all you've said except i didn't begin watching him until mid-2001. i always appreciated his skepticism, common sense and down-to-earth approach to his work.

Back