• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

RM's NSX for sale in the Dupont Registry for 85k

I just read through the Dupont Registry and saw RM's NSX for sale @ 85k. I don't know where they got that price, but IMO that's way overpriced for a '92, even if it comes from a tuner. It has a bunch of goodies, but no forced induction which I think it should have if their asking that price. Maybe there's something about it that I'm missing that would make the 85k asking price actually worth it?

Happy Holidays

------------------
Richard
NSXTASY

85k----And whats the drug of choice??
Excuse me I have to go have a drink or shoot up.LOL
smile.gif

------------------

Yup....pretty much reinforces my opinion of RM. Wake up, boy racer.

Assuming that an excellent condition 92 NSX can be bought for $35k, are the mods worth the extra $50k? I wonder how much an NSX w/ similar mods will actually cost?

I went down there last month after I saw the ad in last months issue to check it out. They are selling it because they are preparing for the 2004 and want to start making parts for that model. It still looks good (I asked their mechanic and he said it hasn't moved since I picked up my exhaust from them 6 months ago) but for 85K??? I'll admit I laughed when I saw the ad also. It still has the NOS in it too.

I get it: there's a Registry typo! It's an inadvertent transposition of the numbers "5" and "8" in the $85K asking price. They meant $58K. Yeah.....that must be it..... Maybe RM can get a freebee ad in the next issue...

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Stock, except Dunlaptya SP9000s

Originally posted by NSXY:
I get it: there's a Registry typo! It's an inadvertent transposition of the numbers "5" and "8" in the $85K asking price. They meant $58K. Yeah.....that must be it..... Maybe RM can get a freebee ad in the next issue...

Or maybe that NOS bottle was leaking..oh wait, NOS makes u laugh but does it make you stupid?
biggrin.gif

With all the mods I,m doing on my show car in February less brakes and suspension the total by paying "retail" basically including parts and labor will be approximately 35,000.00.I hardly think aftermarket suspension and brakes would suck up another 15 grand.Plus the original 34,900.00 I paid for the car. Nor would I expect to get that all back upon sale.Not unless the buyer was doing some really good drugs.
smile.gif

------------------

I only hope that if someone is stupid enough to pay that kind of money for the car, they won't come here afterwards. I could just see some new owner coming here and searching for "RM" and coming up with this thread. It would be hard for most to take to find out they just spent 40K too much for a car.

I doubt they could find a big enough sucker anyway to sell the car at anywhere near that price.

Back