• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Road America April 8,9 2006

some more:

Attachments

• RA_0406_1.jpg
    RA_0406_1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 69
  • RA_0406_2.jpg
    RA_0406_2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 81
  • RA_0406_7.jpg
    RA_0406_7.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 62
  • RA_0406_9.jpg
    RA_0406_9.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
RP-Motorsports said:
Fast time of the weekend was about 2:32 (3 way tie, Damian's RX7, a C6 Z06 with true slicks, and a very quick Sti)

A few other quick cars that I did not get a time on were a black GT3, and a few C5 Z06's, but they were either the same pace as the fastest, or a tad slower.

The 4th session on Sunday I got the blue STi down to a low of 2:29.74 with 2 other laps @ 2:29.84 & 88 this was on Toyo RA1's, no passengers. Need to try some proper sized slicks next event.

By the way the NSX look very nice and slick same as the new Z06's.

Nigel.

Q said:
some more:

Haha, nice pic in turn 5! Who's backward?

Glad to not hear about any sheetmetal (fiberglass) damage this weekend.

I was out at Gingerman, meeting up with some ITR buddies. First time there, whoa, did I drive like crap! Ended up stuck in some mud for a few minutes too. Yuck.

Glad I had a nice shakedown day though, competition licensing school next weekend with NASA! Whee!

Chris F said:
Haha, nice pic in turn 5! Who's backward?

It was kinda funny, I was in the grandstand looking backwards trying to get a photo of 14, and I heard the Mitsu locking up the brakes coming into 5. He came in really wide and tried to correct. Ooops!! Don't know who he was though.

sti2004 said:
The 4th session on Sunday I got the blue STi down to a low of 2:29.74 with 2 other laps @ 2:29.84 & 88 this was on Toyo RA1's, no passengers. Need to try some proper sized slicks next event.

By the way the NSX look very nice and slick same as the new Z06's.

Nigel.

MEGA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! to break the 2:30 barrier is a HUGE and RARE achievement. especially with a 4cyl street car!

I actually think that you are the first 4cyl cars I have seen go that quick. Will you be @ any other RA events this year??

Tom

RP-Motorsports said:
MEGA CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!! to break the 2:30 barrier is a HUGE and RARE achievement. especially with a 4cyl street car!

I actually think that you are the first 4cyl cars I have seen go that quick. Will you be @ any other RA events this year??

Tom

Thanks...it was a lot of fun. I should be there at least @ the October event with the FBody club.

I think I'm going to bring the Mini. I would bring the NSX, but my track tires are down to the cords. I don't really feel like buying tires for one event. I'll run the Mini at the Blackhawk events this year. I've been putting parts into the Mini and may retire the NSX to garage queen status.

With the right driver, the Mini might surprise you. I'm at about 2500 pounds with just over 200 hp, adjustable coilovers with plenty of negative camber. Imagine if I added a twincharge kit.

I have seen a pro driver run 2:45-2:50 area with a modified Mini "S". A NA NSX will run 2:30's. FI into the 2:20's. I was running 2:44 in traffic with passengers with my stock NSX. I should be able to get a 2:39 solo. This is with STOCK brakes, STOCK headers, STOCK cats, STOCK tranny, STOCK clutch, STOCK size tires.

Imagine what I could do with a BBK, different gearing, 235/275 tires, and FI. :biggrin:

RP-Motorsports said:
...but I skipped my last two sessions, due to oil all over my engine. I initially thought I blew something up!, but it seems as if my crankcase breather spit about a half pint of oil!!!!!! I overfilled the oil by 1/2 quart (always did this in the past without issue) The only difference is the last session I picked up a bit more speed out of turn 5, and was hitting the rev limiter in 2nd gear at the top of the hill @ 6. This may have caused extra crankcase pressure????

My motor runs fine, normal oil pressure, and no mor spitting?? Time will tell. Before next time, I will be rigging up a catch can for the crankcase breather, as well as another for the coolant overflow.

Heh, I've never seen anything like that before ;) :rolleyes: It's not an oil leak, it's sweat from all that horsepower!

Sorry I missed you guys. I had a successful competition licensing school with NASA a couple weekends ago April 15/16. I'll hopefully be racing with NASA Honda Challenge at Putnam Park May 20.

Anyhow, try overfilling a bit less. I think I've had an issue overfilling, it made it worse not better. Also, make sure you're checking oil on a level surface. You might consider a new PCV just in case, might end up being a cheap fix.

Is your crankcase breather open right now with no catch can?

Chris F said:
Is your crankcase breather open right now with no catch can?

Yes (open crankcase breather without a catch-can).

I have driven it several times since, and also few runs to redline, and high speeds, without an issue. I will rig up a catch can for the next event. It must be the extreme g's I am pulling, while banging the rev-limiter! :biggrin:

Back