• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Roof Fading Fast...:(

This is was just a spot or two just a couple of months ago. Now the whole thing looks like it's got the plague. Time for a repaint. I've used Schaumburg Auto Body before and have had great results.

I know painting the roof and it's pillars can be a real pain and should only be done by a pro that has DONE IT BEFORE.

Has anyone had there roof repainted with good results? I need a shop recommendation (besides The Last Detail). Prices would be great. Thanks..

Attachments

• 0917081401.jpg
    0917081401.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 150
Was your roof previously painted? I've never heard of this on origional paint.

I've painted my roof. If you come out Friday you will see the results. But the shop is gone now.
There is another shop that Synth19 is cool with. A&L autobody.

And yes, my original roof was almost like this. It is the clearcoat that faded from the sun.

-Val

This is was just a spot or two just a couple of months ago. Now the whole thing looks like it's got the plague. Time for a repaint. I've used Schaumburg Auto Body before and have had great results.

I know painting the roof and it's pillars can be a real pain and should only be done by a pro that has DONE IT BEFORE.

Has anyone had there roof repainted with good results? I need a shop recommendation (besides The Last Detail). Prices would be great. Thanks..

gonna need a bigger... paint-can!

Was this ever a Florida NSX? The reason why I ask is that when I used to visit family in the Daytona/Ormond Beach area, there was a Sebring silver '91-'93 NSX 5spd' that I'd occasionally see around w/ literally the same oxidation/fade pattern on the roof!

In my former life, I was a Marine Biologist / Ichthyologist, and recognizing/identifying pigment/coloration patterns on whales, sharks, and large(r) pelagic mammals was part of the jobbie-job description! :D

I've painted my roof. If you come out Friday you will see the results. But the shop is gone now.
There is another shop that Synth19 is cool with. A&L autobody.

And yes, my original roof was almost like this. It is the clearcoat that faded from the sun.

-Val

Thanks, I'll check out A&L. I won't be there today, but I will be seeing you Oct 5th at the DrivNN event, which I will post details for everyone soon.

The roof was never repainted. Anyone know what A&L would charge?

Re: gonna need a bigger... paint-can!

Was this ever a Florida NSX? The reason why I ask is that when I used to visit family in the Daytona/Ormond Beach area, there was a Sebring silver '91-'93 NSX 5spd' that I'd occasionally see around w/ literally the same oxidation/fade pattern on the roof!

In my former life, I was a Marine Biologist / Ichthyologist, and recognizing/identifying pigment/coloration patterns on whales, sharks, and large(r) pelagic mammals was part of the jobbie-job description! :D

Not Florida, but it was in California for awhile. I park outside in a gated spot during the summer months, so it's definitely taken a beating from all the rain and now recent sun.

What's going with that thing paul. The exhaust and now your roof....I don't remember it looking like that a few weeks ago. Let me know if I can be any help.

What's going with that thing paul. The exhaust and now your roof....I don't remember it looking like that a few weeks ago. Let me know if I can be any help.

It deteriorated quickly. My WW sideskirts are completely warped from the sun, too. I know I showed you that already, but it's really starting to look stupid. I don't think they can be fixed.

Most of this stuff is just age related, which comes with owning a 17+ year old car.

I owe you a call. Let's get together this week. Any deadline on getting your car back from S.A.B.? Sounds like State Farm is getting ready to write a big check (finally).

Back