• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Routine Maintenance Shop

Just for oil changes? Any competent mechanic ought to be able to do an oil change, even on an NSX.

You shouldn't need to drive very far for an oil change; surely there's a decent mechanic close to home. So you might want to be more specific about your location, to help with getting recommendations that are close by. For example, if you live in Sunnyvale, you shouldn't need to drive all the way to Walnut Creek for an oil change, or vice versa.

Ken,
You seem know the bay area really well.

Fer,
I thought I saw your nsx at Hill Top once for service, if so you can take your nsx back there for Don to change all the oil for you, or Sunnyvale Acura (ask for Justin) or Pleasanton Acura or just DIY to save commute time and $$.

Last edited:
Sunnyvale is closer for me. I used to bring mine to Fremont Acura and I used to deal with Kwan in Service but he doesn't work for Acura anymore. I tried I make an appointment there but I kept on seeing a few new faces so not sure anymore. Will try Sunnyvale.

The oil change is straight forward, with one exception: make sure they replace the crush washer; a lot of places don't know about that.
Really? That's standard procedure on all the cars I've owned, not really anything specific to the NSX!

I just had my NSX worked on at Pleasanton Acura, Nick the service manager took amazing care of me and Gary the mechanic was very very thorough putting my whole car back to stock in prep for sale. Awesome group over there ask for Nick Schaffer he won't let you down.

I am looking for another reliable mechanic for transmission oil change? any recommendations? and what type of oil? Thanks

I am looking for another reliable mechanic for transmission oil change? any recommendations? and what type of oil? Thanks
That's another service that any competent mechanic should be able to do.

I tried several different fluids in my NSX transmission (including synthetic motor oil and Redline), finally decided to stick with Honda brand transmission fluid.

Ya, if you have the means to, I always prefer to change my own oil...

If not, I like to use North American Motors off 98th ave in Oakland, Romeo there is also a fellow Nsx owner and does oil changes for a decent price

If you're looking for an independent mechanic in your area, Foreign Affair in Santa Clara also has quite a bit of NSX experience.

I second FA. I've been going there with for about ten years to service my old Civic Si, and current Integra GSR.

The quickest, easiest, and best place to do the oil change is in your own garage. I chose Mobile1 oil and an Acura oil filter and crush washer. Once you jack up and remove the rear passenger tire the complete job takes about 15 mintes. The drain plug and filter are so easy to get to you can do the job on one knee....seriously! At least you know the job will be done right!

Back