• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

rpm dips when coming to a stop

Can someone tell me if this is normal? Every time I come to a stop, my rpm goes below 1000 rpms pretending to stall and then comes back to normal.

This is really starting to annoy me. I do have an aftermarket air intake and an engine cover with the mesh sides and the lexan window. Now I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but it started when I replaced the engine cover

Let me know if my NSX is the only one that's going through with this.

Thanks!!

Have you disconnected your battery or pulled one of your main fuses lately? You'll experience rough idle after doing so, and in my experience, it seemed to be most common when stopping and taking the car out of gear. After a couple of days things typically sort themselves out.

BTW, you aren't seeing your revs dip almost to zero for an instance and then bounce back at random times, especially when on a bumpy road? If that's what you're experiencing, I'd suggest you take a look at the posts on the PGMFI main relay, which has gone out on several of earlier cars. In my case, resoldering a couple of the connections fixed it, but the symptoms started much like you describe. After a while, however, my revs would just plummet at random times, very frequently on rough roads. Eventually, the engine died and while it would not turn, it wouldn't catch. Even if that's the case, you can either solder the part yourself or order one from Niello Acura, who got me one overnight for something like $70.

Maybe you should also try to adjust the base idle - depending which model year there are different procedures. Try a search with "base idle" or "idle adjust" and you'll find a lot.

Back