• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Run to High Point Anyone?

Hello Folks,

I realize that this may not be the best way to approach this endeavor, but with time limitations, I post. My Wife Paula and I would like to host a little "cruise and lunch." Recently, we took a pleasant drive from Westchester to High Point State Park (High Point, N.J.), using main highways. The drive is about 2 hours. I have contacted the park authorities who are more than willing to reserve a picnic area for us. I fear that the autumn season of color may have passed us by at that altitude already, but the drive should be fun with all you folks.

Please give me input as to which weekend day would be best for you all (save for Sat., Nov. 6th) of the upcoming 3 weekends or so. We are even game for this coming weekend if it suits all. John/ Karen.......Yes, I realize that the destination is minutes from your place, but we would love to have you all the same for the cruise, lunch, whatever.

Cheers-

Nev

i'm there!!you've got mail.

I'm pretty open with enough advance notice to juggle my weekend tennis committments, let me know!!! :cool:

Hey Nev,

MIght be better for you to pick the day and then see who all can make it. Sounds like fun.

Don

Yes we were there the first Poker Rally, and maybe the second too:). I may be able to meet you guys at the half way mark. Keep me posted.

Regards,
LarryB

Please keep me posted, I think I may actually make it to a meet this year!! :(

Date Set!

Folks,

Thanks for all the input thus far. Sunday, November 14th is the postulated date. Please try to commit as soon as possible so that we can make the arrangements for lunch. Thank you very much and we look forward to seeing all of you.

If you have any questions, please note my info. below:

Tel: (914) 347-4225
Cell: (609) 792-7646

Directions will folllow.

Cheers-

Nev

If Bailey can give up running with the F-Boys, I can give up my Sunday tennis, put me in Nev, look forward to one last ride before the winter comes. John, if I get my wife's permission, Karen can ride with me, if not you can!!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Argh...I'm not sure if I can because of my work schedule. But even if I'm busy, I should be able to stop by. High Point is only 15 minutes from my house :)

Nev, im in!!

Hey you picked the busiest weekend. Stuff going on Friday and Saturday but there is no way I'm missing a run with this crew :D :D . Besides I have to check out my new radios. Roger just has to promise to leave his bra off :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Anxiously waiting for the details :rolleyes:

Thanks

nev, as discussed, i'm good for sun 11.14!!
as part of our day, we need to eat....

if people could pm me with their choices,
i would be grateful!!! vote or shut up & deal with it... :D

1] pizza/deli stuff from local pizza shop, goodeats, basic.
2]catering by arthur's/ st moritz in sparta. i know the chef, &
he'll do well by us.american & italian chow.
3]chinese takeout. tastes like chicken you know.....
4] chicken feast by RED'S. killer. and it does taste like chicken!!
5]twinkies & coke

all above consumed at high point, but here's my suggestion...

6]brunch at world famous[ 4 salmon...] perona farms!! short ride from high point to sparta, near rt15... this option rocks. this is my idea & not nev's
so flame away. place kicks ass! eats run 10:30 to 2 pm. NICE spot for fotos
[hinthint BOB] classy, but you can look like a dirtball[like me] downside..22 bucks a head
http://www.peronafarms.com/brunch.html

wish me luck as i tackle a cv boot on friday...... :confused:

be seeing you

6 said:
brunch at world famous[ 4 salmon...] perona farms!! short ride from high point to sparta, near rt15... this option rocks. this is my idea & not nev's
[hinthint BOB] classy, but you can look like a dirtball[like me] downside..22 bucks a head

be seeing you

Hows the parking there ?

Bailey, it's all about the food!!! John, told you if your car is laid up, or you, as long as my wife clears it, we'd love to have Karen join us, and of course, she can ride with me, as long as she agrees to leave Bob O, and my wife no "grounds". As far as the food, to me, that's the least important part, and as far as leaving my bra off, well, "I'm not that kind of car", at least not in public!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :p

RPM217 said:
we'd love to have Karen join us, and of course, she can ride with me, as long as she agrees to leave Bob O

I didn't even know Karen and I were a couple. I really should start paying more attention to life..........

perona farms!! short ride from high point to sparta, near rt15
Wow!! That would be great....Perona Farms is 3/4 of a mile from my house :D:D

Parking at Perona Farm is awesome, you could fit NSXPO2003 & NSXPO2004 in the lot together!!

Plus, maybe I could tempt evreyone to take a quick trip past my house, so I can take a photo of all the NSXs in front of my place :):)

Being we can't predict the weather maybe an indoor fancy joint ain't a bad idea at all. I think I'm in. But what is this about Bob and Karen, I thought Amanda was girl?

Unfortunately, Masha and I are attending a wedding in Orlando that weekend. Ok, maybe Florida in mid-November isn't so bad. Hope you guys have a great run.
Jesse

jalnjr said:
nev, as discussed, i'm good for sun 11.14!!
as part of our day, we need to eat....

if people could pm me with their choices,
i would be grateful!!! vote or shut up & deal with it... :D

1] pizza/deli stuff from local pizza shop, goodeats, basic.
2]catering by arthur's/ st moritz in sparta. i know the chef, &
he'll do well by us.american & italian chow.
3]chinese takeout. tastes like chicken you know.....
4] chicken feast by RED'S. killer. and it does taste like chicken!!
5]twinkies & coke

all above consumed at high point, but here's my suggestion...

6]brunch at world famous[ 4 salmon...] perona farms!! short ride from high point to sparta, near rt15... this option rocks. this is my idea & not nev's

be seeing you

still looking for feedback regarding chowchow
btw perona wants 250 usd to reserve a room
versus the group showing up for general seating...
also, perona stops admission to buffet @ 2:00pm
but CONTINUES to serve until 3:30-4:00pm

let me know!! 'appy 'olloween

Back