• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Run to High Point Anyone?

You folks should have picked today to run, Great weather!BTW we are nearing our little guys due date,so have fun!

I agree with the Doc.

Today would have been a great day for you guys.

I just returned from a quick shot over the Maine coast and back, nice day 69 degrees, sun and everything! :)

Getting ready for the Trick or Treaters and some football.

view from the top

high point monument, & perona farms.
sorry for blur, ground speed 160+mph
mixed with low level turb..fun!!

Attachments

• DSC02633.JPG
    DSC02633.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC02627.JPG
    DSC02627.JPG
    69.8 KB · Views: 286
Re: view from the top

high point monument, & perona farms.
sorry for blur, ground speed 160+mph
mixed with low level turb..fun!!

Hey Doc much lower than that and it would no longer be called the High Point Monument. It will be the much lower point monument.

Excellent work staying in the air and still getting those pics :D :D

hey king of bling,

sweet pics, I look forward to chillin with everyone next weekend!!

repeat offenders???? new inductees????

Al cars= Pb foot
please do your speeding in the state of NJ
we need the revenue.....
what the heck are you sippin' on pete??!!!
NOTE:
nev told me he does'nt like to use warp drive in his x,
so let's keep it below 110... :(

Attachments

• peter1.jpg
    peter1.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 292
hahaha....My photoshop job made it back!!! Thanks :)

Hi Nev,

Any thoughts as to specific details for Sunday? Just found out that the bowling tournament I bowled in last year (and came in 3rd) is the next two weekends. My partner wants to recreate the magic (but still asked me to join him). There are three squad times on Sunday so I'm hoping I can squeeze both in.

Don

Hi Nev;

Count me & a friend in for the Sunday Summit Fun Run - I will bring funds..Time to post up the perticulars as to times & paces to meet & go to..

Regards; Clem :) :) :)

Update/ Directions

Hello Everyone!

Well, the time is approaching for the High Point Cruise and Lunch! The long range forecast appears promising, if not a bit nippy, so please bundle up as it may be even colder at ~1,803 feet!

After weighing in all the factors....quality of lunch, weather, people preferences, and suggestions, the plan is to have lunch, buffet style, at the "world famous" Perona Farms! From the members who have eaten there, I am certain that we won't go wrong with this "all inclusive" (drinks other than juices and tea/coffee is extra) luncheon. The price is as previously stated, $22.95 PP + 18% gratuity which will be automatically added. Please approach either Paula or me at the Marriot start point or at High Point park with $30 PP so that there won't be any monetary issues at lunch. There is plenty of parking as well. I would like to thank John (jalnjr) for helping me throughout the planning process.

First, my information: Please feel free to call at any time up to the event.

(Home) 914-347-4225
(Cell) 609-792-7646

Please bring your club radio(s)

Meeting Point: Westchester Marriot Parking Lot
670 White Plains Road (Also known as Route 119 East)
Tarrytown, NY 10591
Meet between 8:30-8:45 a.m.
Depart at 9 a.m. SHARP!

For those coming over the Tappan Zee bridge: After the toll, take the FIRST exit (#9). At the first light at the end of the exit ramp, make a RIGHT. Take another RIGHT at the very next light onto Route 119 East (Elmsford). Go straight for about 2 miles until you see the Marriot on your right.

DIRECTIONS TO HIGH POINT FROM THE MARRIOT:
***PLEASE SET YOUR ODOMETER TO ZERO***

* RIGHT out of the lot onto Route 119 East (White Plains Road) for ~0.7 miles

* Make RIGHT onto Saw Mill Parkway NORTH

* At odometer reading ~5.2 miles, take Exit 26 for the Taconic Parkway North

* At odometer reading ~18.6 miles, Take Exit for Route 202 West (Peekskill). There will also be a sign for the Bear Mountain Highway

* At Stop sign (McDonald's will be opposite us), make RIGHT onto Route 202 West

* Follow signs for Bear Mountain Highway

* At odometer reading ~22.6, make RIGHT at Exit for Bear Mountain Highway

* At odometer reading ~26.8, make RIGHT at light towards Bear Mountain

* Go around CIRCLE, following signs for Route 202 W/ Route 6 towards Bear Mountain

* Follow signs for Route 6 West, making a left to cross over the Bear Mountain Bridge (No toll this way)

* Continue on Route 6 West past Harriman State Park

* Will take exit for ROUTE 17 NORTH (or West), and proceed on Route 17

* Take Exit for Route 84 SOUTH (or West)

* Look for Exit for ROUTE 23 SOUTH (or East)...(May also be called Tappen Road). Exit will be NEAR city of Port Jervis.

* Make LEFT into High Point State Park
1480 State Route 23
Sussex, N.J. 07461-3605
(Tel): (973) 875-4800

The very first RIGHT after entering the park, will be the road leading to the Summit/ Monument. Depending on park traffic, there may or may not be ample parking up at the Monument site for all of us. Nevertheless, we should all venture up at some point to check out the spectacular views (and perhaps a group shot)? Paula and I will venture down early, if needed, to try to find an open parking area for all of us.

Approximate travel time is 2.5 hours from the Marriot, which should put us into the park at about 11:30 a.m. We will attempt to depart the park at 12:30 p.m. for Perona Farms, as we have loose seating hold for 1 p.m.

DIRECTIONS TO PERONA FARMS FROM HIGH POINT STATE PARK:

* Exit park by making a RIGHT onto Route 23 SOUTH

* Make RIGHT (in town) onto ROUTE 639/ Loomis Ave. SOUTH (May turn into Route 565 South)

* Make LEFT (at Ross corner) onto Route 15 SOUTH...Pass RR tracks onto highway

* Take Exit for Sparta/ Franklin

* Make RIGHT onto ROUTE 517, go straight through intersection

* Turn LEFT at High School/ Perona Road

PERONA FARMS
350 ANDOVER- SPARTA ROAD
ANDOVER, NJ 07821
(Tel): (973) 729-6161

I apologize if I have taken too long with supplying directions. I also apologize for not having the skills to "Mapquest" these directions. I hope that we have a great turnout and a very "safe" cruise. See you all on SUNDAY!!! Again, if you have any questions, please feel free to call.

NevSX :)

11178730-O.jpg

11178731-O.jpg

OK,

I am in. I will meet up with you guys on 17 WEST, in Chester, (exit 126) I will have my Club Radio and will just get on the highway as you guys come into radio range near that exit. I can also talk with Pete and Bob via cell phone. The starting point seems approx. 1.5 hours from me.

All I have to do now is figure out how to bypass my flakey climate control board so I have heat in the NSX:):):).

See you then,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
All I have to do now is figure out how to bypass my flakey climate control board so I have heat in the NSX:):):).

Put a lawyer in your car and you will have more hot air than you can tolerate.

Food

perona locked @1:00pm
we've got a single table for ten,
& [adjacent] seatings of 6-8.
bring an appetite!!!!

RSO 34 said:
Is there any particular dress code for Perona Farms?
i think you'll be ok, but i do NOT suggest that we
do oil changes/trannie swaps/big brake installs
in their lot.... :D

Back