• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2000 Vs NSX Test

FYI: The Jan. 2001 Road and Track contains a comparison test between the Honda S2000 and an NSX as part of their "sibling rivaly" feature. They commented that the NSX may be the best all around car among the other syblings from Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes and GM.

Originally posted by Sven:
...They commented that the NSX may be the best all around car among the other syblings from Porsche, Ferrari, BMW, Mercedes and GM.

NSX owners already know that it IS the best all around car.
wink.gif

------------------
nsx1
2000 Yellow/Black/6-sp #172
http://www.nsx1.com

I noticed you're from Simi, and I am from Valencia. Are you part of any clubs locally? It's kind of fun talking to other NSX members. I thought us Porsche guys were loyal... Not even close.

I am Steve as well.

Thanks

I read that article today..they werent very flattering of the NSX were they.. It almost seemed like a "Uh..its ok I guess" sort of an article..not to mention the lap times that were BLOWN away by the F-360 and the Z06..

I had a great time last night!
Was sick of homework and drove down to the local Honda dealer to check out some cars.
Drove a 2001 Prelude SH. Nice car, kind of boreing though. VTEC transition is like driving a two stroke motorcycle and hitting the powerband. Definitely noticable. Fun.
Then I drove a 01' Spa yellow S2000. It had 40 miles on it! It was beautiful out last night and people were checking me out. (Well, maybe the car!) I've also driven my buddy EDO's 91 NSX. Honestly, the NSX trounces the S2000. Yes, the S2000 was quick but not like the NSX. What they say is true about the S2000- you have to rev the death out of it to feel the power. There is much more torque in the NSX. I did like the feel of the S2000, though. Chassis is VERY tight. Through all of this, I still prefer the NSX. I would rather have a used 91-93 NSX than a new S2000.

Steve (94NSXGUY),

I just got my 2000 NSX 3 weeks ago and I've been pretty busy with job, school, and trying to gain experience with some of the newer web technologies. I'm not really familiar with any of the local clubs, but would really enjoy getting involved with them.

------------------
nsx1
2000 Yellow/Black/6-sp #172
http://www.nsx1.com

Well.....wait and see what Comptech has done to the performance of an S2000 . They are soon to offer S2000 modifications that are very impressive. I was told by Comptech it will match a stock NSX in all catagories except style (maybe we are partial).

97 NSX-T

[This message has been edited by NSX4U2 (edited 06 December 2000).]

[This message has been edited by NSX4U2 (edited 06 December 2000).]

What I don't like about Road and Track, and I have a subscription to it, is that they use old test results of cars they test more recently. Look at the road test summary near the back of each issue and you'll see the identical 0-60 acceleration and 60-0 braking numbers for cars they've tested this issue. They even copied the wrong numbers for the S2000! They mistakenly used the NSX's test results!

I've both a '91 NSX and a '01 S2000. I think the older NSX would have similar straight line performance as the S2000 and the newer NSX is faster than S2000 for sure.

Back