• ***Text Box Error UPDATE*** Folks- we were able to fix the underlying issue with the missing text box on the forum. Everything should be back to normal. - Honcho

S2K pedal covers in NSX

I'd been wanting to do the NSX-R pedal covers but really didn't want to have to remove the gas pedal to do this. I then noticed that the S2K pedal covers are very similar to the ones in the NSX-R. S2K pedal covers were actually more from the dealer than the NSX-R pedal are from Dali but I was able to pick a pair up cheap on YJ and decided to go for it.

Although from the angle I took the picture it looks the gas pedal might touch the carpet or have some clearance issues it in fact does not and the S2K pedal can in fact be moved up a half an inch.

NSX-R pedals
nsx-r-pedal-setimage.jpg

S2K pedal covers on my NSX w/o screws
IMG_2212.jpg

NSX-R pedal covers and gas pedal not installed
NSX-Rfootpedals.jpg

S2K pedal covers not installed
S2KpedalsformyNSX.jpg

As you can see the general look is the same but brake and clutch covers are shaped differently and slightly larger on the S2K brake and clutch covers. Also the NSX-R gas pedal has an angular cut on the bottom right right side.

Pretty simple inexpensive mod that I thought I'd share.

Are these just a simple bolt in mod, or was there some custom work that is involved? Is the gas peddle interchangeable or do you remove the peddle cover and put it on your original peddle? Looks Good:smile:

Looks bitchen! Watcha gonna do about the dead pedal?

Are these just a simple bolt in mod, or was there some custom work that is involved? Is the gas peddle interchangeable or do you remove the peddle cover and put it on your original peddle? Looks Good:smile:

No custom work at all. The S2K pedal cover is slightly longer but the with is the same. I took the gas pedal cover off as it was just a piece of hard plastic and I figure I get a better fit w/o it.

I'm going to get a drill bit and that should be that.

Looks bitchen! Watcha gonna do about the dead pedal?

Thanks! Not sure what I'm going to do with the dead pedal. I have a dead pedal cover from a billet aluminum kit I got from SOS that I may use as the S2K dead pedal cover seems kinda large. I'll pop the one off my S2K and see how it looks.

No custom work at all. The S2K pedal cover is slightly longer but the with is the same. I took the gas pedal cover off as it was just a piece of hard plastic and I figure I get a better fit w/o it.

I'm going to get a drill bit and that should be that.

Thanks! Not sure what I'm going to do with the dead pedal. I have a dead pedal cover from a billet aluminum kit I got from SOS that I may use as the S2K dead pedal cover seems kinda large. I'll pop the one off my S2K and see how it looks.

I think the S2k dead pedal will be too big, but give it a try. If you can somehow make it fit, that would be slick :cool:

Here are the pedals in my '08 Si....since we're showing off stuff :tongue:

The dead pedal is an aftermarket piece. I think it was $40 shipped.

I think the S2k dead pedal will be too big, but give it a try. If you can somehow make it fit, that would be slick :cool:

Here are the pedals in my '08 Si....since we're showing off stuff :tongue:

The dead pedal is an aftermarket piece. I think it was $40 shipped.

Oh sweet sicness! Very nice!

Yeah that's the thing it seems like every aftermarket and factory dead pedal is larger than dead pedal in the NSX:confused:

I installed the nsx-r pedals in my nsx. the brake and clutch pedals go right in. the issue is the gas pedal. you have to use your existing metal gas pedal with the nsx-r cushion. but this was not a big deal FYI

Thanks

Where is a good place to buy S2K pedal covers. What is a good price for them? Is $200 for a used set good? I was trying to get a set from this guy, that is parting out his S2k that he wrecked. But he wont just sell me his pads. he will only sell the pads and arms together.:frown:

Where is a good place to buy S2K pedal covers. What is a good price for them? Is $200 for a used set good? I was trying to get a set from this guy, that is parting out his S2k that he wrecked. But he wont just sell me his pads. he will only sell the pads and arms together.:frown:

Naw bro that's crazy high! Here's a link to a set on YJ auctions. Open an account on Japamart and have them shipped EMS. Should be less than a hundred including their fees and shipping.

http://japamart.com/auctool.php?url=http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/m55365367

Also Dali has a set of NSX-R covers in stock and socalx says install isn't hard.

Anyone know if there's a difference in texture / finish of the S2K vs NSX covers? They look very similar from the pictures above but not sure about side by side.

I ask bc I was considering going with NSX-R brake and clutch pedal covers but get the S2K gas pedal cover because I really don't need the whole arm replaced.

Also curious of the right size nuts and bolts as an installation alternative as opposed to the rivets.

Last edited:
Back