• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

S2k with viper swap.

My gawd that would be amazing to drive. Just the raw power. Trade for NSX?!?

Regarding weight distribution, the engine is 500lbs for that generation viper versus 326lbs for the F20C. The transmission is close enough to the center of the car that the weight difference, if any, probably isn't material. The additional fluids required by the viper motor probably add an additional 10-20lbs. Moving the battery (20lbs average) to the trunk results in:

2800lbs stock, 50:50
2989lbs w/ viper motor + incremental increase in fluids, 53.2:46.8
After battery swap, 52.5:47.5

Not bad IMO. I think the most dramatic change will be the 300%(!!!)+ increase in peak torque which would occur near idle instead of redline. This could be somewhat controlled through gearing adjustments in the differential but no matter what it is going to be a $hit show. It's already a handfull stock when driven hard. I bet it gets the same mileage as a stock AP2.

there are plenty of monster miatas that handle just fine.The fact that he rarely uses a front hood makes me wonder if he has a good fitting solution at all.

500 horse power go cart. It's got to be uncontrollable. It would be cooler with the hood to make it into a sleeper.

There's no hood for this car? Something tells me that would break DOT regulation and you'd get pulled over. Hope you don't get caught in rain with this thing.. though engine would just vaporize the water I'm sure.
If I had more $$ than brains, I'd love to have this car.. Wouldn't be surprised if Jay Leno is eyeing it..

people think you can throw HP at a car and drive it...... Not... you need to completely reweld the chassis everywhere so it doesn't flew under load, brakes need to be upgraded to maximum, rims, etc.

you floor it and you chassis twists like a prezzel and you have no more car..... I am sure it would tear the road up though
gosh that is sick

the s2k chassis is very stiff for a convertible.....I would bet it has a higher NM twist force than a viper convert of similar vintage

the s2k chassis is very stiff for a convertible.....I would bet it has a higher NM twist force than a viper convert of similar vintage

I would be very surprised if that was the case (not doubting you but that Viper engine puts out some major torque 525 foot pounds compared to 161 for the S2000). That's alot of twisting force!! Even if it were true you're assuming that the engine install didn't leave the chassis all cut up. I'd sure love to take it for a drive.

I doubt there are too many with boat anchor v10 truck motors though.

I think the NSX motor would qualify as more of a boat anchor from a power to weight perspective. 490lbs with 224 tq versus 630lbs with 500 tq. I will take the uptick in power for the additional 140 pounds any day.

500 horse power go cart. It's got to be uncontrollable. It would be cooler with the hood to make it into a sleeper.

The car would only be about 400 lbs lighter than the year viper the motor came out of. A quick car no doubt but in now way an uncontrollable amount of power if the suspension is set up correctly.

It sounds like a very interesting car if purchased for the right price. So tempting....

[emoji23] only kidding though
b3912cd70a4d4cd2c5f9d716d400b0e4.jpg

Back