• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Savage title NSX questions

Salvage title NSX questions / color / trans

Hey guys
I am considering a 96 green with automatic. Car is on eBay. What are your thoughts on color, transmission and salvage title. Seems like a fair price. Thoughts and ideas appreciated. Who knows this car? It came out of South Carolina. Thanks for you help.

Last edited:
Price does seem enticing. Find out exactly what type of impact salvaged this vehicle. Ask for receipts and documents respecting the repair process.

I recently bought a rebuilt NSX from Shawn but I spoke to him personally over the phone many times, kept contact with him through near daily text messages. He also kept me abreast of each turn in the restoration process, provided receipts and there was a thread documenting the entire process. I plan on never selling my car so resale value isn't an issue with me. Go see the car in person and ask the questions if that is something you can do.

What's the price?
Has it been through state inspection?
Ask for damage report or check Carfax(sometimes mentions impact points).
Any structural/frame damage may affect alignment if not fix correctly.
Quality of paint job
Would do full inspection by Acura or professional tech.
All of the above plays a role on it's value.
Good luck!!!!

i have seen this car go threw copart several times. i dont know what the damage was but it was a REJECTED REPAIR by the owner/insurance company. i would stay away a crappy repair on a aluminum car is not a good thing to have.

bee_are_bee thanks for the props LOL

think about this if it was repaired correctly the only person that knows it has a rebuild past is you and your insurance company.

buy and drive and have fun

Well, that automatic trans. seems to always be worth less than a manual. So that is part of the low price. You are going to have to determine, how bad was the damage, and how good a repair was done? Can be difficult, documents and photos would be great. Short of that, it needs to be gone over with a fine tooth comb by a knowledgeable car guy. If it has crappy repairs all over it, you will have to re-do them. If it is one bit of damage and it is minor, and repaired correctly then you are good. First obvious repairs are deck lid and rear roof. takes $$$ right there. they also talk about nicks, sounds like it needs a complete paint job, more $$$. I would think about if I really want an auto trans. first. You know what could be good, repair the roof and trunk, and drive the heck out of it and dont worry where you park it. Because, what the heck its already got dings and salvaged. Worry free fun?

I hate to say it, but the year/color/trans combo is about as bad as you can get. Still an awesome car, but pricing has to take that into account.

u guys are all crazy. how in the right mind would be a rejected repair unless u plan on going threw the car and fixing what ever issues it has. i myself wouldnt worry about about a salvage title but i wouldnt buy a car that was salvaged because of a rejected repair. the insurance company does that so they dont have to stand behind the repair. im sure im not the only one that saw it on copart

Hi guys, this is my first post here. I was offered this car as a partial trade for another vehicle that I own. I was just gonna ask what is this car worth as I"m not sure if I'll be keeping the car but I did a quick search and found this thread.
I have little more information, car supposedly runs perfect and the damage is the one that is mentioned in the ad plus:
-a/c only works on high
-radio and alarm have issues, seller installed aftermarket alarm
-few rock chips
-tires are old and will need to be replaced
-rear glass was replaced already
Title is salvaged, states "repairs denied", does this mean the insurance was gonna fix the car but owner decided to deny repairs and get a check? The damage seems minor for the car to be issued salvaged title over it.
Any advice is appreciated.
Seller wants between 25-30k
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NSX-...ecklid-damage-?cmd=ViewItem&item=300716090705

Last edited:
Title is salvaged, states "repairs denied", does this mean the insurance was gonna fix the car but owner decided to deny repairs and get a check? The damage seems minor for the car to be issued salvaged title over it.

I don't think an insurance policy holder has a say in whether an insured vehicle gets totaled by the insurance company; there is more to the story that we don't know. I would contact the original insurance company to find out the extent of damage and repair estimate, if possible. Without that info, as well as documentation of any repairs made since, it's extremely difficult to place a value on the car.

Was the car repaired properly? Is it still in Missouri ? I could have bought it for 21,900.

Last edited:
As the car repaired properly? Is it still in Missouri ? I could have bought it for 21,900.
Seller claims that he has over 25000 in it with shipping and few things he fixed. He said it's worth close to 30k in the current condition. Apparently there is no other damage but the one stated in the auction plus the things I mentioned in my previous post, he said the tires are probably original and dry rotted. I have never seen the car and this is only based on what the seller stated on the phone.The car is in Miami now.
I was very tempted initially but I think I'm gonna pass on the deal.

Seller claims that he has over 25000 in it with shipping and few things he fixed. He said it's worth close to 30k in the current condition.

Based on whose opinion? I would not take the seller's word on that; the eBay ad even says "We know nothing more about the vehicle". He has to provide proper documentation in order for the value to come anywhere close to 30k, not to mention it is extremely difficult to get anything but liability insurance for branded title cars. From what little research I've done, if you can obtain comprehensive insurance coverage, expect to receive 30-50% reduced payout in the event of a claim. Caveat emptor.

I'm wondering though, why would they salvage the car over a broken rear glass and dented deck lid?
Who knows? Like I said, there's more to the story.

the only way its was denied was they cant prove where the parts came from VIA parts car title. so if you try and reg it in your state they are gonna tell you the same thing. if you get him to get a rebuilt title in his state then your OK. but since his state will not give him a rebuilt title cuz he doesnt have proof where the " new " parts came from they will not issue it.

this measure is to make sure people dont wreck their car steal another one and swap parts to make a legal car.

walk away you will get stuck with a car you cant get a title for and or insurance. and can only part it out

as for insurance you can get full coverage if you want dep on the insurance carrier, just depends

WALK away.

Last edited:
After thinking it through on color, trans and damage and also realizing how many options I had I also decided to walk. As we all know you get what you pay for!

Back