Saw the 2004 in person

So I went to Stevens Creek Acura in Santa Clara, CA today to check on some prices for parts to fix my windshield moulding (over $100, so i'm going with Eric), and lo and behold, what do they have in teh showroom?

A white 2002 NSX. The salesman told me it's been there for a week. I gotta say, I like the shape of the car in person and the revised fascia makes it look a lot more aggressive, but the headlights are IMHO EVEN UGLIER in person than in pictures. The gold brake calipers also dont really do it for me.

Anyway, if anyone in the Bay area is intersted in seeing one in person or buying one, it's there...

Okay, I'm an idiot. I meant the 2002 NSX, not 2004 as the topic title suggests. sheesh, couldn't even go back and change or delete it.

That April fools page sure did a number on me with that 2004 pic...

Originally posted by byang:
Okay, I'm an idiot. I meant the 2002 NSX, not 2004 as the topic title suggests. sheesh, couldn't even go back and change or delete it.

That April fools page sure did a number on me with that 2004 pic...

Nice...does that white 2002 have white leather as well??? I've always wanted to see white on white nsx... straight blingin

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

Finally....that has got to be one of the only few...if not the only white on white nsx in existance....someones gotta take pics for me. I've been waiting to see that color combo for...11 years (since i was 11!): White/white is ultimate class in my opinion.

------------------
jack of all trades, master of some.

I went to see the white 2002 at Stevens Creek today, and I gotta agree with byang -- the front is uglier in person than any picture can show. The headlights bubble up from the hood like those big-eyed goldfish. Ugh.

The back, however, is exquisite. I love the mini-difuser they got there, and the new tailpipes are so much nicer looking than the War-of-the-Worlds-ish ones on my '94.

The white/white combo looked cool, but I would hate to try to keep the interior clean. I do wonder what the other color combos would look like in person -- red/red, orange/orange...

Ah, well -- guess I'll just wait for the '04.

-Bob ('94 #496)

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
Vanilla Ice has a 91 Black/Ivory that was immediately painted white upon purchase in 91. It is, thus, white/white.

Just like he is!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
'91 Black/Black

I just took a look at the 2002 white/white at Stevens Creek Acura - still there in the showroom after a few more weeks. I actually thought the new lights looked better in person (than in the photographs), though I still prefer the overall shape and look of the prior model. In fact, the new one sorta looked like a well executed aftermarket installation. The gold calipers were truly hideous though. All in all, not much to get excited about. I'd be surprised if they sell more this year than last...

I actually thought it looked pretty good in person once I saw it at the auto show.

If I were in the market for a new NSX today, the new lights definitely wouldn't disuade me. Actually, if the timing were right, I'd happily trade me 98 in on an Imola Orange Pearl 02...

Yeah, the changes are really more subtle than not. The lights are, obviously, the most pronounced difference, but it isn't huge. Plus, they're HIDs which is a nice plus.

I don't think that sales will decrease because of the 02. I'm pretty sure that anyone who would have been buying a new NSX anyway still will...

Back